pages

October 16, 2015

5 Ways To Get Into The Halloween Spirit.

Here where I live Halloween doesn't come in full force. Probably because it's too hot to do anything outside or even inside this time of the year and I'm super jealous of you people who actually get to celebrate it. Although everybody around me (unless my sister) doesn't really care about this holiday, I do and I'm still going to celebrate in every way I can. So, I decided to put together some activities you can do alone or with your friends to put you in the mood for the season and just have some fun. 


Watch Scary Movies: I feel like this is a given. Everybody should watch scary movies in October, even if you live in Brazil and people don't really care about Halloween (story of my life). I'm a big fan or "scary movies" but not horror movies because if I watch one of those I cannot sleep in the dark for an entire week and I need all the beauty sleep I can get. So if you're a big baby like me, here are some scary movies suggestion that are not "OMG I'm gonna crap in my pants" scary but will still put you in the Halloween mood..

Hocus Pocus

Monster House

The Village 

The Addams Family

Edward Scissorhands

Practical Magic 


Wear a Costume: I don't care if you're just going to stay in your house all day on Halloween.. I still think you should wear a costume. It doesn't have to be a super elaborated one just go on YouTube, pick a tutorial and have fun with your makeup trying to create something cool and fun.. At least that's what I do. If you need some inspiration just click here, here, here and here to see some great tutorials.   


Carve a Pumpkin: That activity totally depends on where you live. Here in my city I cannot, for the life of me, find a big enough pumpkin to carve but if you can find one go for it. I only ever carved a pumpkin once and I remember that it was incredibly hard but also a lot of fun. This is a great activity to do with friends and will definitely put you in the right mood for the season.  



Decorate: Specially if you live in the US, go to Target to get some inexpensive Halloween/Fall decoration and make your house look pretty. If you don't feel like expending money on it, there's also a ton of DYI videos on YouTube and I'm sure you can find one that suits you and the things you already have laying around the house. 


Invite Your Friends Over: I'm not saying that you should throw a party or anything like that. But if you and your friends don't have anywhere go or any plans invite them over and you can do all of the activity above with people which makes it more and it'll also give you a reason to decorate your home! 


Extra Tip: DON'T BE LAZY! I get it.. Doing things takes time and energy and you just want to get the movie suggestions and watch them alone in your bed. And although you're more than welcomed to do that and this is probably something I would do, make an effort to get out and be around people. I guarantee you're gonna have more fun with your friends or your family than by yourself.

What do you like to do for Halloween? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon. 





3 comments:

  1. I love dressing up and eating so much candy on Halloween. Also, not only do I live in the U.S. but I also live in Massachusetts which is where Salem is (of historical witch trials fame so it's basically one giant Halloween party in that city for the whole month of October). I like going to haunted houses and seeing everyone dressed up there.
    :) Alice
    p.s. good movie choices...Practical Magic is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I'm officially jealous of you. ahhahaaha
      Hope you have a lot of fun during Halloween!
      ps: Practical Magic is an awesome totally underrated movie!

      Delete
    2. I probably watch it at least 5 times a year, not even just at Halloween. haha

      Delete