pages

October 13, 2015

September Wrap Up - 2015.

It's no secret to anyone that I've been reading like crazy. So, I thought it'd be cool to share with you guys the books I was able to finish this past month. I managed to finish 6 books which is waaaaay more than I was expecting. One of them was for the course I've been taking and I'm pretty sure most of you guys will not be interested in it (I wasn't very interested either). But the other five were books I was super excited about reading. 

I'm also going to do some mini-reviews because although I liked most of the books I've read, I don't think they deserve an entire review post. I don't feel like I have a lot to talk about them and I like to focus more on telling you about what I thought of the book and not about the plot itself. I'm gonna start with the gone that I liked the least and we'll build up from there. And don't worry, I won't give out any spoilers.

Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira.

If you wish to read this book in the future beware that I might give out some spoilers. I hated this book. I really don't like to bash books because I can imagine how hard it is to write and get a book published but there was nothing in this book that I liked. Honestly, nothing. I really disliked the family element and the fact that the main character seems immature and completely dependent of her dead sister, which is creepy enough without adding the fact that she actually wears her sister's clothes and gets in a weird relationship with the sister's boyfriend. 

Everything was super weird and I didn't see where the author was going with the story. Things seemed disconnected and out of place. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion and if you loved the book, please don't it personally. We're all entitled to our own opinions. 

The Martian by Andy Weir.

On a more positive note, I loved this book. This and next four were just great. I actually listened to this book on audible on my everyday commute and I loved the narrator voice and the way he changed his voice for the different characters. In the beginning things were going slow because the author give a lot of technical and scientifically details which I'm not particularly interested in but as the story goes on things get a lot more interesting. The movie is coming out soon as well and I'm super excited about it! 

The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins.

There was a lot of hype around this book and I was scared of reading it and hating it but that was not what happened. I'm a really big fan of mystery and suspense novels and this one checked all the boxes. The author did an amazing job describing the main character's mind without "telling us" how she was and actually showing us bu her thoughts and actions. 

I thought the book was incredibly well written and I really lied the way the author builds up the story slowly until we reach the turning point. The whole plot is completely insane but believable at the same time. That's the thing I loved the most about the book because usually the author tries so hard to chock the readers that we have a hard time believing in what's happening. Paula Hawkins gets 5 stars from me and I'm really looking forward to reading more books from her.  

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 

This book is part of the Covenant Series and I'm loving every single one of them. I believe this is book two and just like the previous one, it blew my mind. I love the Greek mythology aspect and the fact that we have a kick-ass main character. The love triangle is also on point and not over done at all.. By the way, I'm team Aiden. If you're looking for a new series to follow, I strongly suggest this one.   

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.

This was my favorite book of the month and possibly my favorite book of the year. I loved it so so so much that I don't even know how to describe it. It's not your typical teenage love story and it literally broke my heart into tiny little pieces - relax, nobody dies in the end or anything. I found myself crying throughout the book multiple times and I was super happy the way it ended. At the end, I found myself rooting more for Eleanor to figure things out for herself than for their relationship to work out. I gave it 5 out of 5 starts. 


I know this post is coming to you guys a little late but bare with me. I've been unbelievably busy and keeping up with life and my blogging schedule is hard work. Overall, I think I had a really productive reading month. I still have three more books to go until I finish my Reading Challenge but I'm sure I won't have any problems with that and will probably overpass my end goal. 

What are you currently reading?
How is your reading challenge going?

Thanks so much for reading! 



   

5 comments:

  1. great post, i've heard so many good things about eleanor & park and this has made me want it even more! x

    www.thedressdiaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne. And you should definitely read Eleanor and Park, it's wonderful! :)

      Delete
  2. I always love reading these kind of posts, I adore reading and love finding good new reads from other bloggers. I'd love to read girl on the train. I've read 'Obsidian' by Jennifer Armetrout and was ADDICTED, an amazing series! Will definitely be giving the covanent series a read. :) I just read 'down the rabbit hole' by Holly Madison and it was very interesting - couldn't put it down. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Holly! I'll be sure to check out the Obsidian series after I'm done with the Convenat one! :)

      Delete
  3. I just read The Martian last month, too, and I LOVED it! I was wondering if the movie would be as good since I already know what happens but I went to see it last night and OMG it was SO GOOD!
    Same on Eleanor & Park... I loved that book and cried a ton while reading it. I just thought that it was such a sweet love story.
    I've also been nervous about The Girl on the Train because of all the hype but maybe it's worth it. haha
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...