pages

November 1, 2015

NaNoWriMo | I Want To Write A Book!


NaNoWriMo? What sorcery is this?

If you're anything like me, every time you finish reading a book or a blog post you think: Hey, I could totally do that! And that's actually how this blog started.. I was always a super fan of blogs and YouTube channels and since creating a YouTube channel was completely out of the question (I just can't put myself out there in that way) I settled on starting a blog. "Settle" is kind of negative word and I don't think it should be used to describe me starting this super cool and interesting blog (at least in my opinion) so let's just say that starting a blog was the option the suited my personality more. 

With the blog I discovered my love for writing and sharing my opinion. I was always a very opinionated person but I never bothered to share them with people because I really hate starting conflict. I have my opinion, you have yours and let's keep on living our lives - That's kind of what I always thought. And the writing aspect.. Well, it just completely blew my mind. I never thought that writing was such a good creative outlet and it's kind of empowering, actually.

Having said that, you can imagine my reaction when I heard of NaNoWriMo which was: I could totallydefinitely write a book. I always wanted to, anyway. And there's no time like the present! So, apparently, that's what I'll be doing in November. 

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and it's basically a project (you can check out their website here) where writers and inspiring authors commit to, basically, writing a novel in a month. I do not think I'll be able to write an entire novel in a month but I think this is the perfect way to start and see how things go. 

I do not think I could become a published author or anything like that. I just thought this was a fun and different thing to try, and who knows? Maybe I do become a writer and this is going to be a fun little post I can come back to and reminisce about where everything started. Well, most likely that will never happen. 

Now, I think I should tell you guys the idea for my upcoming novel (upcoming novel, who do I think I am?). Since the genre that I like the most is YA Romance, that's what I'll attempt to write. It's a very simple premise: the life and struggles about a young girl who just got out of college (kind of like yours truly right here) and how she menages to find her way and get her life together. I haven't figured out names for characters or anything like that. Maybe I'll name someone "Levi" I really like that name. I just decided that I want to write it English, even if English is not my first language because I want this to be something that I can share with you guys here on the blog and I don't think most of you will learn Portuguese overnight just to keep up with this little adventure of mine.  

So, I guess that's it guys. Let me know if you're crazy enough to join NaNoWriMo so we can cheer each other on and create a little supportive community. For everyone who is joining this:GOOD LUCK! And if you really want to but you don't think you'll be able to: just give it try. I also have no idea what I'm doing but it sounds like a lot of fun. 

Are you going to join NaNoWriMo?
What do you think about me writing a book?
Please let me know if your also doing this because 
I really don't want to do this alone.

Wish me luck!

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.






2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! I'm doing NaNo, too! I should probably be using this time to actually write that instead of reading blogs but....
    I think there is a way to be "buddies" on the website?? My name is girlofyarn on there so if you figure out how to do it then you can add me if you want. I really want to hit the 50,000 words because I tried two years ago and failed miserably. But my main goal is mostly just to write on the same topic every day for the 30 days. I tend to be very flighty and start and stop things a lot so I think that would be a really big accomplishment for me. haha
    Good luck!!
    :) Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great! I'm look for you right now on the website. I hope everything is going great with the writing.
      Good luck! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...