pages

December 26, 2015

Top 5 Favorite Books I've Read In 2015.

Well, guys, I've done quite a lot of reading this year. So far I've read 64 books and I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself. I've read some really bad books but I've also read amazing ones and today, like always, we're focusing on the positive side of things and I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites.

I thought this would be a cool post to make because it's the end of the year and I know for a fact that a lot of people haven't finished their reading challenges yet and I'm here to help you out. If you've already finished your reading challenge (congrats!) you can take these books as recommendations and save them for next year. So now, I'm just going to scroll down my GoodReads page and pick out my favorite books!

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell: First I need to say that I love everything from Rainbow Rowell. I've read a lot of her books and they never let me down but this one was my favorite. It's such a cute story and it's written in a very different way, kind of like The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot (another amazing book) - the author tells us the story through emails.

I don't want to give out any spoilers but it's basically about an IT guys whose job is to read the emails that get caught in a filter set in the company system to catch inappropriate emails sent between coworkers. And then, emails sent between two women that work there are constantly caught in the system and he actually falls for one of them just by reading their emails. I know this can sound kind of creepy in a stalk-ish way but it's not. It's actually quite romantic the way he falls in love with her personality first.  

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: I think this is my favorite "book couple" ever. This is not just a book, it's an experience. The story is about a girl who had to leave her apartment and her neighbor who takes her in since she didn't have anywhere else to go. Their feeling towards each other grow as they start to write songs together since he's in a band and she's a great songwriter and the best part is that you can actually listed to this songs online - I told it's an experience. I loved seeing how their relationship grows more and more and how they overcome some of the obstacles in their way so they can be together. 

I've actually already reviewed this book so if you're interested reading it you can click here and it'll take there in a second.   

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout: This is just the first book of the Covenant series and I have to say, I was not expecting to like it that much and I've read the entire thing - it's a total of 5 books I believe. The story revolves around a Alex and Aiden and their "forbidden love". They can't be together because he's a pure blood and she's a half-blood (hence the name of the book) and then the rest is history. It has a lot of Greek mythology going on since they're apparently descendant from the Gods and whatnot. I'm not doing it any justice but you should just give it a try and see if you like it. If the story is not something you might be interested in, read it anyway because Jennifer Armentrout's writing is amazing and she's incredibly funny. 

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: I think that this is one of those books that either you love it or you hate it and, obviously, I loved it. The story is very unique and I love the writing style - I read it in two days. The story is about a girl who has been on an accident and she starts believing that she is the one that made it all happen. She starts experiencing what she thinks are hallucinations and other symptoms for Post Traumatic Disorder (or something like that) until she meets a boy who makes her believe that could be more to it than just PTD.

I loved everything about this book. The writing, the romance and the premise. I really liked all the characters and all the turns and twists. This is the first book of the Mara Dyer series and I'm currently reading the last one. Just keep in mind that a lot of people get disappointed as the series goes one (not me) but they all seem to love the first book. So if you're at all interested, just pick up the first book and see if you like it.    

You by Caroline Kepnes: I haven't finished this book completely (there's still 10 or 15 pages left) but I had to mention it in my top five of the year. This book is just so unique and I really love it. If I had to pick two words to describe it I'd choose: creepy and brilliant. The entire book is written through the perspective of a stalker, as if he's writing the book to the woman he is stalking and telling her their story through his point of view. I've never seen anything like this and I was hooked from the beginning. 

It's also a little scary and it really made think twice about the things I post on the internet since the stalker basically figured out her entire life just by reading through her emails and the social media feed. This is an amazing read and I would recommend it to pretty much anyone who enjoys suspense or thriller novels.


These are all the books I'm mentioning today, guys! I hope you enjoyed the post and if you get a chance to check any of these books out please let know on the comments what you think of them. I also want to know you're top five picks of the year so if you did a blog post or a video about it let me know so I go check it out.

What are you favorite books you've read in 2015?
How is your reading challenge going?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll talk to you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...