pages

January 2, 2016

Beauty Products I Want To Use Up In 2016.

I'm super excited for today's post! This past year I've made a conscious effort to go through as many beauty products as I could. Although that turned out really well and I did menage to use up a ton of products (check my monthly empties here), this year I want to do something a little bit different. I've decided to pick out 10 products from my collection and work on them through the entire year to see how far I get, but I'm aiming to finish them completely.

This is not Project Pan and I'm not limiting myself to only these products until they are gone. I did try to do a Project Pan in 2015 and I failed miserably and if you remember that post you might even recognize some on the products I'm mentioning today. I just decided that these products need to go. I can't keep looking at them and they've been around for quite a long time - some of them I've had for over 3 years and that can't be good. 

I'm not saying that any of these products are bad, I'm actually quite a fan of some of them. They're just products that have been laying around forgotten in my cabinet and in my makeup collection but since I still like them I don't want to throw them away. 

Shall we get to the products?
Victoria's Secret Refreshing Body Mist in Romantic Wish: I've had this for ages. When I was fifteen I went through a weird obsession with these and bought like 20 of them - I'm not even kidding. Last year I menage to use up one but since this bottle in almost empty, hopefully, I can finish another one as well.  

Avon Advance Techniques Styling Heat Protecting Spray: Another one that has been around for ages. I use some sort of heat protection every time I use heat my hair - which is once a month. I just really like my natural hair. I think this going to be the hardest one to use up.

MAC Fix Plus: Love love love this product. My only "problem" with it is that it takes ages to go through. I've been using this every time I wear makeup (which is often now) and it's still going strong. I already have backup of this and that's why I want to finish it soon. The good news is that I don't think there's a lot of product left. 

MAC Powder Blush in Mocha: I believe this blush was on my last failed Project Pan. This is a perfect everyday shade and there's not a lot of product left, which is perfect. I think this and the Fix Plus are going to be there first products to go. We'll see. 

MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NC30: Not my favorite MAC concealer but it's ok. This goes together with my foundation dilemma 'cause I like to pair it with foundation but I never really wear foundation so.. it is what it is. This doesn't give a lot of coverage but it is very sheer and light, perfect for highlighting all around the face.     

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 235: This foundation was also on my last Project Pan and I actually did a lot of progress on it back then, so it wasn't a total fail. My problem with foundations is that I don't like to wear them when it's hot and here where I live is hot all the time. The struggle is real, guys! But I'm gonna do my best and since this one has SPF 18 maybe I'll get over myself and wear it in the summer months.

Chapstick in Cherry: I just have so many lip balms that I need to get one out of my collection and also, this is not my favorite. I got it because I was traveling somewhere and I needed a lip balm at the moment but didn't want to spend a lot of money at it since I already had a bunch at home. This feels kind of weird on the lips and it gives very little moisture for being a lip balm. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle: I've been trying to use this one up for a while and I had no idea it was going to be this hard. I actually love this color so I'm not upset about having this around but I would like to finish. This has been my everyday lip color for the past few months and I think that it'll be over in a couple of weeks tops. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait: This one is almost full, I think I've used it less than 10 times. I really like the formula of these lip butters but this color is just not good on me. It's very true to what you'd expect from the name (peach = light coral) but it has some chunky glitter that it's not very flattering. I don't use it very often because I need to pair it with a lip gloss, but I will give it some more love when I finish Pink Truffle.

TheraSkin Anti Aging SPF 30: I love this stuff and since it's only a sample I think I'll be able to finish it up real quick. It's my favorite SPF in the world because it leaves your skin matter, seriously, no oily residue or greasy feeling at all. It doesn't break me out either and as soon as run of out of SPF I'll buy the full size of this one. 

Those are the products, guys! I need your help deciding how I'm gonna do the updates. I don't know if I do a separate update on these products every two months or something like that or if I just include them in my monthly empties as I finish them throughout the year. Please let me know what you think it's best. Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the post!

What are some of the products you want to use up in 2016?

Thanks so much for reading and Happy New Year!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...