pages

January 30, 2016

Monthly Empties + Project Pan Update | January, 2016.

Guys, this is the first empties of the year! I know it's silly but I got excited as soon as I realized it and thought it was worth mentioning. Anyway, I had a ton of products to include in today's post but since we're moving in a couple of months I got on a major cleaning-vibe and threw a lot of stuff away without thinking about it. It was mostly shampoo bottles and a couple of baby wipes but I think we can menage just fine without them. 

I also finished up a couple of my Project Pan items and since I'm planning on adding new products as I finish the current ones until the end of the year, I think I'll just mention the progress here as I go along. It's just easier and I don't have to make an entire different post dedicated to only a few items every month. I used up a lot of products I absolutely love and adore so get ready to see a lot of "total repurchase", "amazing" and "I need this in my life". You've been warned. 


Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This is my all time, hands down, holy-grail, everything in life, moisturizer. I use this for everything, body, face and even feet sometimes. This is the perfect consistence and the perfect amount of moisture for my skin. My mom and my sister also use this so I would definitely recommend this for all skin type. If you haven't tried it yet, get a smaller size and see it for yourself. 
Repurchase? For the rest of my life.  

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer: I always like to have some sort of Salicylic Acid moisturizer at hand for days when my skin is not cooperating or extremely oily. This one was pretty good but, honestly, any moisturizer with acne medication will do. 
Repurchase? Probably. 

Nivea Shine Control Toner: I liked this toner and that's all I have to say about it. It was ok, but I do prefer the Clean & Clear one (the pink one), which is also cheaper. 
Repurchase? Not. 

Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar: I feel like I have one of these bar soaps in every empties. I always have one of these in the shower and another in my sink. I use it to wash my face every morning and at night to take off my makeup. Like I've said before, I see no point in buying expensive face washes since this works perfectly with my skin. I love the scent and how it doesn't strip my skin. It's very moisturizing as well. 
Repurchase? Yes.  

Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine: FINALLY! I can't believe this is finally over. I've working on this lip balm for ages. It wasn't bad but it wasn't very good either. Just ok. I liked the hint of color it left on my lips for an everyday use but it was a little too "oily" feeling for me.  
Repurchase? Maybe. I really like the whole hint-of-color-everyday-look thing. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle: This one was on my Project Pan/Products To Use Up in 2016. I really like this formula and I love this color. It's the perfect nude shade for my skin tone. It's kind of like a darker, brown-ish nude. Super flattering on the skin and very moisturizing. Also, it might look there's still product in there but I swear it's all gone. I didn't scrape it all out from the tube but this is the most I can roll up and apply comfortably to my lips.  
Repurchase? Yes. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait: Also in my Project Pan. I wasn't a very big fan of this shade in particular. It was kind of frosty and there was a lot of chunky glitter which didn't look very flattering on me. I had to top this with a lip gloss or apply it very lightly on the lips just for that hint of peachy color.
Repurchase? No. 

EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Lemon Drop: I don't know if you guys saw it on the internet (BuzzFeed article), but there are a lot of people suing EOS because they claim that this lip balm gave them blisters and rashes on the lips. I never had any reaction to it but since I wasn't a very big fan of it from the start I think I'm gonna stay away from it now. It was an ok lip balm in my opinion, not the most moisturizing. I do have a backup but I don't know if I'll still use it.  
Repurchase? No. 

 L'Oreal Youth Code Foaming Gel Cleanser: I actually stole this from my mom and I'm glad I did. It was collecting dust in her bathroom and I looked at it and thought: why not? It was a good face wash and I enjoyed it while I had it but my Dove Beauty Bar does the same job and it's cheaper and easier to find. But if you're a face wash kind of person, give this a go and see if you like it. 
Repurchase? No. 

Johnson's Baby Oil: I love this stuff. Sometimes I use it in the shower, specially in the legs and elbows, and it leaves the skin super soft and moisturized. I use it mainly for after waxing. If you didn't know, I do my own waxing (brows, upper lip and armpits) at home and this is perfect for getting off all the left over residue.
Repurchase? Yes. 

TheraSkin Anti-Aging SPF 30: Another one from my Project Pan. I love this. It was my everyday SPF and it was perfect. Seriously, it's everything I'm looking for in a SPF. It dried matte, not oily at all, while still moisturizing the skin. Thirty is also the perfect amount of SPF for me. I can't complain. My only problem with it is that it's not easy to find, but I already ordered it online.
Repurchase? Yes.  

Chapstick Lip Balm in Classic Cherry: I've had this for an embarrassing amount of time. I got this once in a trip because I wanted something cheap just until I got my good lip balm in the hotel and I don't know why, but I got a three pack and I still have one more to go. I'm not a big fan of the Chapstick brand but they're not particularly bad, just not amazing. 
Repurchase? No.    


That's it for today, guys! As you could see, I was really focusing on my Project Pan items this month and I want to keep it that way. That's why I decided to do an ongoing project and every time I finish something I just add a new product to the mix. I even have a special little basket in my bathroom with the items I'm focusing on. But when I finish everything from the first project I'll do an update and include all the new products. I hope this is making sense. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed today's post!


What did you finish up this month?
Are you doing a Project Pan this year?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...