pages

January 23, 2016

My Blogging Goals For 2016.

Letmecrossover_blog_books_beauty_travel_cute_flowers_goals_2016_posts_money_youtube_blogging
source
If you guys saw my Life Goals For 2016 post you know that I already set out a couple of goals for the blog, like "blog more often" and "do more beauty posts". Although I fully intent on following through with them, I feel like they are not very specific and I wanted you, lovely people, to know what to expect from me this year and also, to hopefully help me accomplish the goals. 

I know I've said it a 100 times, but blogging is still a hobby for me and I want to keep it that way in 2016. I don't have any plans to become a "full time blogger" and it's not like I'm making fun of "full time bloggers", it sounds incredibly fun and exciting to work for yourself and explore your creativity on a daily basis, but it's just not what I'm looking for at the moment.

Having said that, I still want the blog to grow and prosper. Let Me Cross Over is like my baby and we all want our children succeed in life, right? I may not have all the subscribers (yes, you can subscribe to my blog by clicking the bottom in the side bar above all those amazing little faces) and followers that I want to but I do have waaaaay more than I thought I would have. I seriously thought I would stop blogging in the same week I started and never go back. 

But we're still here, 2 years later, growing, writing about different subjects and just having fun. And I since that's how I want to keep going, I've decided to set out some goals to keep the blog in the right direct. This is going to be an experience, I've never set out actual goals for the blog before, and we'll just see how things go.

1) Post at least 2 times a week: This is pretty simple. In my last post I was complaining about being busy and whatnot but I feel like to 2 posts a week is completely doable. I just need to schedule my life and try to make my weekends a little more productive. I always feel completely exhausted on the weekends and spend the entire day watching Netflix and trying to go to the gym but I feel like I can cut down a couple of ours from my Netflix watching marathon to focus on the blog.   

2) Have 400 posts published by the end of the year: So far, I have 244 posts published, crazy right? But I want to expand my content and see if I can reach 400. I currently have about 80 posts on draft, if I just stop being lazy and finish writing them we'll be almost halfway through. 

3) Expand my following on Social Media: I want to do this solely based on the blog. If you check out my instagram (@mimismattos) which is the only social media (aside from my personal Facebook account) I use for my personal life, as in not related to blog, I have a little more than 100 followers and I don't mind it. I just follow my friends and some celebrities I like to stalk,  like Taylor Swift. But I feel like social media is a big part of blogging and it's a great way to get your blog out there and socialize with other bloggers. So this year I want to focus a little more on that and hopefully direct more people to the blog.   

4) Blog about different things: This means exploring different subjects. I don't want to only write about beauty or traveling just because that's what it says on my header. I should really change that header now that I'm thinking. But, anyway, I just want to write about whatever I feel like. I really enjoy writing advice posts and about things that are going on in the world and in my personal life. Yeah, we're getting (even more) personal in 2016!

5) Write more book reviews: I feel like in 2015 I really focused on books. I was reading more and following a lot of book bloggers and that obsession was completely translated to my own blog. Which is not a bad thing in my opinion, this blog is a reflection of my current interests and last year it happened to be books. Having said that, I want to focus more on writing reviews because I feel like that's the most interesting part.      

6) Don't focus too much on the numbers: I'm constantly comparing myself to other bloggers and that has to stop. Not in a jealous way, more in a pressuring-myself-to-do-more kind of way. We're all different, we all put different amounts of work in our blogs and if you're successful doing it, I'm happy for you. You do your thing and I do mine. According to "The Secret" there's space for all of us at the top.  

7) Be more active in the blogsphere: I suck at this. I do read a lot of blogs but it's usually on the go when I'm stuck in traffic or between classes so I never make the time to comment - which is bad, I know. But admitting the problem is the first step to finding a solution and I'm making an effort to change things this year.     

8) Do more collabs: I've talked about it last year and I completely ignored it. The only thing I did was write a guest post for REglam Magazing and that's about it. I need to change that this year, so if you're looking for someone to do a collab or a guest post, let me know.

Did you set any goals for your blog?
If so, let me know which ones.

Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you soon.



Letmecrossover_blog_books_beauty_travel_cute_flowers_goals_2016_posts_money_youtube_blogging
  






No comments:

Post a Comment