pages

February 10, 2016

BOOK TAG: Totally Should've.

Heeeeello, everyone!

I hope you all enjoy reading TAG posts as much I enjoy doing them. I think it's a fun thing to do every now and them to mix things up a little bit over here. Although this TAG is about books and I've been talking a lot about books lately. But what can I do? This blog is about my life and what I've been doing and I can't help it if reading is taking much of my free time these days. I promise I'll give the book topic a rest for a while, though. 

But as soon as I saw this TAG at Abookutopia I knew I had to do it here in the blog. If you're a reader like me you know that feeling you get when you read an amazing book and all your dreams come crashing down when you find out that there's no sequel and that's it, you need to keep going with your life without proper closure. So this TAG was made so we can explore those feelings and fangirl over books. If you're interested in reading my answers, just keep reading!


1. Totally should've gotten a sequel: Eleanor & Park but Rainbow Rowell.
Seriously, what happens next? This book didn't end on a cliff hanger and I feel like the author ended the story very well but I want to know more. I got so involved with the characters and their lives that I want to know how they're doing. Is Eleanor happy now? What's Park doing?   
2. Totally should've had a spin off series: I'm not a big fan of spin off series but I would make an exception for anything remotely related to Harry Potter. I'm serious, if JK Rowling came out with a book about Harry's grocery lists I would buy it and I would love it. JK Rowling, we need you! Please give us more!

3. An author who totally should write more books: Rainbow Rowell. 
I think Rainbow Rowell is my favorite author as of now. I love her writing and the way she creates her characters. The only book from her that I didn't read is Landline but I already bought and I'm sure I'll get to it pretty soon. I need more book from her asap because I don't know what do with my life when I'm done with Landline. 

4. A character who totally should've ended up with someone else: The Selection series by Keira Cass. This one is hard to say because I've read this book so long ago but I remember that I wanted America to end up with Aspen. I wasn't a big fan of Prince Maxon. 

5. Totally should've ended differently: Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I know this book came out a long long time ago but it still makes me sad when I see this book on my bookshelf. I mean.. Why they couldn't end up together?! They were perfect for each other. 

6. Totally should've had a movie franchise: A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I loved the first movie with Jim Carrey and I don't know why they didn't keep going. But I've read somewhere that they're doing a TV show or something. I just hope it's true because I really like these books. 
7. Totally should've had a TV show: The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I'm in love with this series. I wouldn't say it's best writing in the world or the best story line but something about it just hooked me and once I start reading these books I can't put them down. This happens to me with all Armentrout's books, they're incredibly addicting and action packed which makes them perfect for a TV show. 
8. Totally should've had only one point of view: The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings. If you read my review for this book you already know that when of my main problems with this book was the different points of view. I like book with different POVs but this one was just too much. The chapters alternated between the two main characters and at the end of the book I was completely lost and didn't even care enough to go back and see which POV I was reading from. 
9. Totally should have a cover change: The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. These book are so good but the covers are soooooo ugly. Seriously, who designed these covers and who approved it? They're awful and I feel like they don't represent the book at all. If I had a say in it, there would be a cover change tomorrow.
10. Totally should've kept the original covers: I don't have an answer to this one. I only pay attention to covers when the comes out to see if I like it or not. And since I do most of my reading on my Kindle, the covers don't really matter to me that much.

11. Totally should've stopped at book one: The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd. This is the first book of a trilogy and I honestly don't see the point of it. This book end very well. I didn't particularly liked it (I gave it 2 out of 5 stars on GoodReads) but I had my closure. I have no idea what the next books are about and I won't be reading them to find out. I like the premise of the story (that's why I read it in the first place) but Megan's writing style was not for me and I don't see how she could extend this story any further. 

This is it for the TAG, guys. Please let me know if you do this TAG on your blog because I'd love to read your answers. If you don't have a blog feel free to leave your answers on the comments too. I hope you're all having a great day and if you're not I hope it gets better soon. I know I haven't been posting a lot lately but I was traveling in the beginning of the month and I had a lot of work to do. But I'm going back to schedule this week and there's a lot of fun stuff coming. 

Did you like the TAG?
What would answer?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you soon.






2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about Eleanor & Park. I loved those characters so much and when I finished reading it I was so curious about what would happen to them as they got older.
    :) Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!! I needed (and still need) more. Rainbow Rowell gets us so invested in her characters that no matter how it ends, we always need just a little bit more. I also see a lot of people saying the same things about Fangirl.

      Delete