pages

February 21, 2016

Life Update | Boyfriend, Moving and Why I was Gone.

What's up, guys?!

I feel like a Life Update is long over due. If I'm not mistaken the last one I did was in the middle of last year and a lot has changed in my life since then. Thank God, right?! Not that I wasn't happy with my life before but I like change. I feel like you can't grow without it and also, I get a little bit of anxiety when things stay the same for too long. I know a lot of people are the opposite and get bad anxiety with big changes but in my case, I hate feeling stuck and like nothing is going on in my life. 

First update I have is that, as of January of this year, me and my boyfriend are now living in the same country. If you're new here you're probably a little lost and you should go read my about page to catch up. But long story short, Sebastian got a job in Brazil and we're just a 40 min flight away - as opposed to the 10 hour flight from Brazil to Spain. We're happy and extremely excited. Don't know when we'll ever live in the same city but, for now, the same country will have to do.

Secondly, I wanted to share with you guys the reason why I was gone this past week and it's because I'm moving. I'm not moving in with Sebastian - we're not there yet. But I am moving. By myself. And I'm a little scared. I was planning on staying in my parents house until I got a good job (a.k.a. a job that pays well enough that I can support myself) but things are just not working out. Traffic is insane here where I live and  it's been taking me one and half hours to commute every single day and I just can't deal with all of that anymore. So, me and my parents made a deal and they are going to help me out for a while. This week is going to be the first week I'll be living completely alone. I'm excited but also a little scared. We'll see how things go.

I hope I can keep up with the blog shedule this week but I can't make any promises. Sometimes living and blogging is just too much. I need to juggle work, school, working out, studying, having friends, spending time with my family and a bunch of others things that I'm sure I have to do but I just can't remember right now. I can't even keep up with my shows - I miss Pretty Little Liars and Suits a lot. So, if I neglect the blog a little bit just know that it's  not because I don't care or because I've given up blogging - I'm just trying to find my balance. Most weeks I'm able to stay on top of everything and put aside a couple of hours for blogging but sometimes I can't and I'm really sorry for that. 

Now, let's talk about positive things. Let's talk about traveling! Me and Sebastian are going to have some much needed days off in October and we're planning our next trip. We're thinking about exploring South America and we're opened to suggestions. A friend of mine suggested we go to Colombia and I've been checking the prices of flights and hotels. We're looking for something super affordable and relaxing. We want to take sometime to relax and just enjoy the pleasure of doing nothing. We've been extremely stressed, him with his new job and me with all of the things I've mentioned above, and we're looking forward to a break. 

One last thing, I think you'll have noticed that I've been doing some changes on the blog. Talking about different topics and things like that and I wanted to know your opinion on it. I'm gonna write a more specific post about this "change" but for now I just wanted to know if you guys have been enjoying. I know I'm not talking about beauty and fashion as much as I used to and there's not much of a reason behind it. I guess I just changed and other things have sparked my interest and this has been reflect on the blog. So tell me if you're liking it or hating it. Maybe you didn't even noticed. Maybe you did. Just let me know, I like hearing feedback even if it's not positive.  


That's pretty much all that's been going on in my life. 
Do you have something exciting coming up?
Do you have any suggestions for our next trip?



1 comment:

  1. Yay for having a much shorter distance between you Sebastian!! That is so awesome! And don't worry too much about moving. Once you adjust it will be great. I lived alone for a while and sometimes it was a little lonely but mostly I just figured out how I wanted to live and the way I liked to do things and it made me really proud of myself.
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete