pages

March 15, 2016

Little Life Crise and Update: He’s Not That Into You.

 I’m sure some of you already watched this movie but if you didn’t the title already tells it all: it talks about situations when the guy is just not THAT into you. He might be a little interested but you’re just not his priority. I’m not doing a movie review, although I should start doing those because the amount of movies I watch is extremely high. But I wanted to come over here talk about something that’s been going on in my life lately. I’m not going to talk about a specific person, just a kind of situation that has been happening a lot not only with me but with some of my friends as well.  

I don’t want to make a big deal out of it but me and Sebastian decided to take a breather in the relationship and just spend sometime apart. We’re not calling it a “breakup” because that sounds kind of final but I am currently single. And with being single comes a lot of feelings. I feel free, lonely, sad, happy, confused, depressed, excited and the occasional “what the hell am I doing with my life”.

And given all those feelings we start to get emotional and sometimes a little needy. It’s not like I don’t want to be single anymore or that I need a man. It’s just that sometimes being a alone just sucks. And I’m talking alone in general, like without someone around – not necessarily a male company. I’m all about independence and girl power but sometimes we just need people around.

And that’s exactly when you start to text the guy you met in the bar last week or the friend of a friend who you were supposed to go on a blind date with but never got around to. We start to “lower” our standards for the sake of not feeling lonely. And I’m not judging, we all do it, did it at some point in our lives or had an amazing best friend who stopped us from doing it.

We’re only humans and being alone is not fun. But being with the wrong person is even worst. It might make you feel better in the moment and give you a “kick fix” but, trust me, when it’s over it’s just going to make it worst. And you also risk getting attached to this person because you’re needy, single and alone. So, let’s just not do it anymore. Save yourself all the emotional mess and confusion and dot it like me – write a blog post about. If you don’t have a blog, call a friend, watch a movie, bake cookies, do your thing.  

Learning to be alone takes time. And I don’t want to be a drama queen but I’ve never been more alone. I’m leaving completely by myself for the first time and single. I haven’t been single for almost 5 years. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving my “new independence” and figuring things out for myself and I think that being alone is just part of it. 

I hope it all made sense. I just felt a little chatty and I wanted share what I'm going through over here because I know that I can't be the only one and if you're currently on the same boat, well.. We're in it together. 

I guess this is all I had to say, guys! I’m sorry for the long post, specially since I haven’t been posting a lot. It’s just that I’ve been going through an emotional roller coaster and on top of that I’m still on the process of moving houses. It's not an excuse it's just that life gets in the way sometimes.

Thanks so much for reading.


4 comments:

  1. Going to an all girls school, I've never been in a relationship. In fact, we're all a little late on the relationship boat... but it seems to be starting now, for real I mean. With relationships and boy drama all around me at school and at my relatively new job, I can't help but feel lonely. As someone who's never not been single in the 16 years of her life, I don't understand why I'm not content now as I always have been. So maybe this is the point in my life where I learn how to not be alone in the relationship sense? That can only be a good thing, right?

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's normal to feel lonely at times and that sometimes when we feel that way we try to fill the void with a relationship, which is not always the smartest move but it's something we feel like we have to do.
      I can tell from your comment that you're confused and you're just 16. I'm 23 and I'm just as confused.. Unfortunately, relationship (boyfriends, girlfriends and even friendships) drama never goes away. The only difference is that as we get older we learn how to deal with them.
      Thanks for you comment, girl. It really made me think and I hope my answer was helpful in any way. I'm sure you'll figure things out with time.. We all do eventually.

      Delete
  2. I'm sending you a big virtual hug!!
    :) Alice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...