pages

May 12, 2016

Currently Reading.

Heeello!

I know I've been gone for a while but fear not I'm here and I'm blogging and we're going to talk about books today. I've recently decided that I will not be (more like, try to avoid) buying physical books anymore. Aside from the fact that I've been spending waaay to much money buying books, I do not have any more available space in my room to store books. I love reading and I love having books but I hate clutter and I'm not one of those people who needs bookshelves filled with books in my house. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a good bookshelf just like the next book blogger and I think they are absolutely beautiful, but it's just not for me. 

Having said, I've decided to do all my reading on my Kindle and I'm loving it. E-books are cheaper, (I don't know why but) I read digital books faster, you can carry all your library with you, there's no clutter and there's also no waiting - if you finish a book and you just HAVE TO read the next one you can get it in 2 minutes. As you can see, I fell in love again with my kindle and I've been doing a lot more reading ever since. 

I'm not gonna into the debate between physical books and digital books. I can respect the fact that people prefer physical books and whatever you do with your time/money/life is your problem so just respect the fact that I prefer e-books. I feel like the important thing is to read and foster the act of reading and culture in general, it doesn't matter in what shape or form it comes.

Anyway, these are the books I've been reading..  


Never Never, Part Three | Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher.

I'm kind of done with this little "series". I don't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to divide this in three parts and I'm just reading this last one because: 1)I already bought it and 2)I've read one and two so I might as well finish it. But I'm not really enjoying it and the story is a little repetitive. I didn't relate to any character and the love story, which is usually what saves a book for me, is a kind of "meeeeeh", you know?

Wedding Night | Sophie Kinsella.

I'm almost half way through with this book and if I had to sum it up in word it would be: funny. Seriously, Sophie Kinsella is one of the funniest authors I've ever read. I literally catch myself laughing out loud with her books. I'm loving the main character and her sister. The whole plot is so clever and not at all what I was expecting. This woman is slowly becoming my favorite author. If you're on a reading slump, this is the book for you. 

Night Film | Marisha Pessl.

This book is dark. Like really dark. And I'm not gonna lie, I try to avoid reading it before bed because I get scared sometimes. I would describe this as a mystery because they are trying to solve "something" but this book has so many layers that it's very hard to describe it. You can see the author has put a lot of work into it and I'm loving it. I'm almost done with it and I think I'm gonna pick up her other book "Special Topics In Calamity Physics" next which apparently won a bunch of awards and people are saying is really good. 

I am Malala | Malala Yousafzai.

This is the third time I'm trying to read this book. It's not like I'm not enjoying it or that it's boring, it's just that there's a lot of description in the beginning and this where they loose me. Malala is so inspiring and I'm big fan of her work and all she has done for education and for young women out there but I just can't get into this book. I got the audiobook as well to go along with it so let's see if it helps.

So that's it for today! I've been really trying to step up my reading game because my goal is 70 books for this year but I'm gonna try to reach 100. Well see how it goes.. Please let me know any book recommendations you might have for me, as well as any thoughts or opinions you might have. I love hearing from you!

Have you read any of these books?
What are you currently reading?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.  




ps: this post is not sponsored. Although it should. Amazon, please sponsor me!

No comments:

Post a Comment