pages

June 4, 2016

Not-So-Monthly Favorites: May, 2016.

Heeeeello, lovely people!
Can you believe it's already June? 
Seriously, this year is going by so fast is not even funny.

Today we're going to talk about makeup and beauty products. I can't even remember the last time I did a favorites post or a did a product review over here. It's been so long and we're going to change that right now. In today's post we're mostly going to talk about beauty products because I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup lately - I think I only have one makeup product for you guys this month.. At least is a good one. Anyway, let's get to the products!


BBW fragrance Mist in 
Twilight Woods

This is - by far - my favorite Bath & Body Works sent but apparently they are discontinuing it and it's very very sad. I honestly don't get why they always discontinue the best scents... Anyway, I love fragrance mists and I always have one on me to reapply throughout the day. They're a little softer than an actual perfume and I've realized that the scent doesn't hold for the entire day. That's not a problem for me. I actually like having something softer because sometimes real perfumes give me headaches if I have it on me the entire day. 





Garnier Moroccan Sleek 
Oil Treatment

This was a total impulse buy and I'm so glad it worked out because I really don't need another dud product sitting on my bathroom counter. I bought this last year when I was in the US because I was in desperate need of some sort of oil for my hair and this was a great find. I think it was around 6 dollars and there's a ton of product in there. I use it whenever I wash my hair and I'm loving it. 




La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL
SPF 60 


One of the best sunscreen I've ever found in my life. This is not a cheap product but I think it's worth the money, specially if you live in a place were you need to apply sunscreen every morning before leaving the house. This works perfectly with makeup on top, it's moisturizing, it has a high SPF and it also has thermal water in it. I'm not really sure what thermal water does to your skin but it must be good, right? Anyway, I've been wearing this for everyday for the most month and half and I love it. 

Garnier Micellar Cleasing Water


I know Micellar Waters are all the hype right now and if you're still wondering if you should cave in and get some for you the answer is: yes, get this one! I've done a review comparing the Garnier and the Bioderma ones and, spoiler alert, I think this one is just as good and has a much more reasonable price. I use this almost everyday to take off my makeup at night and I really like it. It's much more gentle on the eyes than a lot of makeup removers out there and it takes everything off. This is the kind of product that would be in my favorites post every month if I did one regularly.

Secret Deodorant in Va Va Vanilla

I think this also being discontinued because last time I tried to purchase it I couldn't find it anywhere. Only at Amazon and they were only available in a pack of 36 and that's just not happening. No matter how hard I try I can't justify buying 36 deodorants... Even if the scent is amazing. Secret deodorants are my favorite, specially the invisible solid formula, because they don't let you sweat. I don't know what kind of magic they put in it but whenever I use this I don't sweat and the scent holds for the entire day. Cannot recommend this enough.   

MAC Lipstick in Velvet Teddy.

Hands down, my favorite lipstick ever. Velvet Teddy is just the most perfect nude shade I've ever found and it just works, you know? I don't really know how to describe it: it's nude, orangy, mauve-ish.. The best nude shades combined into one creating this gorgeousness. And the formula is also perfect. Mac's matte lipsticks are just amazing and stay on your lips no matter what. I can drink, eat and kiss (although I've not been doing much kissing lately) and it does not transfer. By far, one of my favorite lipsticks ever.   






These are all my favorites for this month. I hope you guys enjoyed this little makeup post to break the routine. I know I've been neglecting the "beauty" session of this blog but, like I said, I'm planning to change that. If you have any questions, thought, opinions or requests please leave them on the comments below. I really love hearing what you guys think. 

What are some of your favorites for this month?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk you soon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment