pages

June 30, 2016

Reading Wrap Up: June, 2016.

What's up, guys?!

I hope you all had a great month of June. This month was a little weird for me reading wise. The book I thought I was going to love were like "meeeeh" and the ones I thought were going to be "meeeeeeh" ended up really pretty good. Unfortunately, I haven't read any amazing books in June which is a first for me in 2016 - things were going really well so far. But anyway, I menaged to read/listen to 5 books this year and I can't complain. 

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? - Mindy Kaling: This book was so much fun. I'm not really familiar with Mindy's work and I didn't know much about her going into this book but I really enjoyed it. I found myself laughing out loud while listening to the audiobook which is not something I usually do. She has some pretty good insights and if you're a big fan of her she tells a lot about herself too. I totally plan on listening her other book. 
The Undomestic Goddess - Sophie Kinsella: Like I've said before, I love Sophie Kinsella's books. I really enjoyed reading this one but it wasn't one of my favorites. But still, it was incredibly funny and super easy to read. If you're looking for an easy beach read, that's the book for you. And also, I've just discovered that this was turned into a movie which I'm totally going to watch this week. 
Me Before You - Jojo Moyes: Don't hate me but I really didn't like this book. I don't know if it's because of the hype or because all my friends were saying that I was going to love it so much and be so emotional but this just didn't do it for me. I didn't cry, I didn't like her writing style and I didn't like how their love story unfolded. Having said that, I will totally see the movie. Maybe it's one of those rare occasions where I prefer the movie than the book. We'll see. But if you read the premise and think this is something you would enjoy I encourage you to read this because I'm clearly the exception. Actually, let me know what you thought about the book if you've read in the comments. I'm really curious.   
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold: This book was a surprise. I tried watching the movie when it came out but I didn't even get to the end (it was kind of boring) so I'm quite surprise I really enjoyed the book. I think I gave it 3 out of 5 stars on GoodReads, which I believe is a solid rating. The story is told by the point of view of a young girl who was the victim of rape and murder (not a spoiler - I think this is told in the first page). Although the story itself is really sad, I enjoyed reading about how families cope with such a great loss and I really liked the fact that this book is still a mystery, even though the end is given to you right in the beginning. I wouldn't recommend this to young readers, though.   
Never Never, Part Three - Colleen Hoover & Tarry Fisher: I'm glad I finished this "trilogy - still not sure what to call it. I feel like this story could be covered in just one stand alone book and I really don't like when author release their stories in parts - it just seems stupid to me. The story is good but I was extremely disappointed with the ending. Really really disappointed. If you haven't read the first book, the story is about a teenage couple who keeps loosing their memory every couple of days and their are trying to figure out why. I only read this because of Colleen Hoover and I believe she can do better. Actually, I know she can. Gave this two out of five stars on GoodReads. 

Those are the books I read in this month of June! I've read some good books but I hope next month things get a little better. I'm going to start focusing more on my 2016 Reading Challenge and try to stick with the categories I haven't checked yet. I don't know if I'll do a TBR list because I always end up wanting to read different books - it depends on mood at the moment. Anyway, I hope you liked this post and let me know your thought on the comments. 

What is your favorite book you've read this month?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment