pages

July 13, 2016

BOOK TAG: Mid Year Freak Out.


letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger
I've recently seen this TAG going around BookTube and I've decided to try it out for myself. I love doing tags and I can totally relate to this one. We're in July already and I need to start focusing more on my reading challenges. So far I've been just reading whatever I felt like without thinking too much about the categories but now I think I have pay more attention to it. So far, I've read 44 books, which is good, but the main goal is 70 (with the possibility of stretching it out to 100). We'll see how it goes!


Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the tag and let's get to it!
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger_night_film_Marisha_Pessl_author
Best book you’ve read so far in 2015: Night Film - Marisha Pessl.
I was not expecting to get so into this book. This book is black whole that keeps sucking you in and I loved every part of it. I don't want to say a lot about it because I feel like it's best to go into it without knowing anything. All you need to know is that the story revolves around a murder investigation and that it's awesome. So go read it now!
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger_fire_with_fire_jenny_han_pretty
Best sequel you've read so far in 2015: Fire With Fire - Jenny Han.
I loved this trilogy. I read the three books in one weekend., I just couldn't put it down. Jenny Han hooked me with The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy. I tried To All The Boys I Loved Before and hated it. So I was a little skeptical going into this one but I was an amazing surprise. This story kept surprising and I think she did a great job at balancing all the information among the books so in the last one there was still new elements to explore. I really liked the characters as well and I was not expecting the plot twist. 
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger_morgan_matson_unexpected_everything_author_summer_dog_young_adult
New release you haven't read yet, but want to: The Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson.
This cover is everything. From what I've read online, this book has all the elements I love: summer setting, dogs and romance. I've already bought it but still haven't read it. I hope I can get to it soon. 

letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger_colleen_hoover_it_ends_with_us_maybe_someday_young_adult_ugly_love
Most anticipated release for the second half of the year: It Ends With Us - Colleen Hoover.
I haven't had the best lucky with Colleen Hoover. I really loved Maybe Someday but felt like all her other books I've read were just ok. But since a lot of people are saying amazing things about this one, I'm really hopping to like.

letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger_evermore_vampire_novel_author
Biggest disappointment: Evermore - Alyson Noel.
Don't even get me started on this book. Seriously, I felt like I was reading a bad version of Twilight. Almost every character annoyed me and I found myself rolling my eyes multiples times. I still don't know how I was able to finish it. If you're looking for a good vampire story, DO NOT pick this one. 
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger_amy_poehler_snl_yes_please_yesplease
Biggest surprise: Yes Please - Amy Poehler.
I loved this book so much. I was expecting it to be just a fun book with some good jokes and funny stories from Amy's life but, boy was I wrong. This books was kind of life changing, I'm not even kidding. She talked about the importance how hard work, respecting other women's choices and not looking for the easy way out. I actually wrote an entire blog post about it so if you want to check it out just click here. I would highly recommend picking up this one. 
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger_everything_leads_to_you_nina_lacour_hold_still_author
Favorite new author (Debut or new to you): Nina LaCour.
After reading "Everything Leads to You" I want to read everything Nina LaCour has ever written. I LOVED her writing. This story was so well written, I loved all the characters and the way the main characters fell in love. It was kind of an insta-love but it wasn't at the same time. I loved this sotry and I can't wait to read "You Know Me So Well", her new book. 
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger
Newest fictional crush: Garrett Graham.
Garrett saved this book for me. I have a soft spot for hot guys who are also sweet. And Garrett was totally "swoon-worthy". The way he treats Hannah and how their relationship grew was the cutest thing. Having said that, I think I should warn you that the entire book is very "romance-cliche" in a sense that it has all the relationship cliches you usually find in these kinds of books: sporty guys falls in love with the quite girl and all that jazz.
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger
Newest favorite character: Simon Snow.
I know a lot of people didn't like this book because of the similarities with the Harry Potter books but that's exactly why I loved it. I'm not gonna lie here, it is extremely similar to Harry Potter, but Rainbow Rowell did put her own twist in every character. And I loved every single thing about Simon Snow (which would be the equivalent of Harry). I don't want to give out any spoilers so I'm not gonna say much about him, but this book is awesome and I would highly recommend it to anyone. 
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger
Book that made you cry: Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma.
This book took me on an emotional roller coaster. I didn't know what to think (still don't know) or how to feel and I found myself crying a couple of times. This book is about incest and the story revolves around the romantic relationship between a boy and his younger sister. I think it's important to highlight the relationship in this case is consensual and that they both fall in love with each other. It was disturbing at times but I really liked it. I like books that challenge you to think differently and open your mind to new perspectives. I've read this in the beginning of the year and I still don't know how I feel about this story. I know this book is not for everyone, specially if you're a younger reader, but it's quite interesting.
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger
Book that made you happy: Wedding Night - Sophie Kinsella.
Every Sophie Kinsella book makes me happy. She always writes those kinds of stories that you read with a smile on your face because it's so cute, funny and extremely relatable at times. I've already read this book and I would highly recommend it if you want a light and funny romance. This is the perfect book to read if you're in a reading slump or if you're going to travel to Greece. 
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger
Most beautiful book you've bought/received so far this year: Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson.
I can't handle this cover. I wouldn't say it's beautiful but it's just soooo cool and fun and I think it matches perfectly with the story. I hate it when the story and the cover don't match or when the cover is misleading. I mean... I know you shouldn't judge a book by the cover but we all do it. I actually bought this book because of the cover and also because I love books set in the summer time. I've already read this one as well and I loved it. 
letmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_bloggerletmecrossover_blog_mid_year_freak_out_tag_michele_mattos_book_evermore_nightfilm_books_blogger
Books you need to read by the end of the year: A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas and The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater.
I actually have an entire post dedicated to the 10 books I need to read in 2016 and these are two of them. These books are everywhere. I feel like there's two types of people when it comes to these books: the ones that are reading them and the ones that are having about them in every social media I have. In my case, I feel like now would be the perfect time to read these books because the sequel to ACTR just came out and I believe the fourth book of the Raven Boys trilogy just came out as well and since I think I'm going to really enjoy these books it's good to know that I don't have to wait for the sequels to come out.

That's for today's post! If you know of any cool tags please let me know on the comments 'cause I love doing them - specially if it's a book tag. I hope you guys enjoyed it and if you want to to do this tag on your blog consider yourself tagged and let know so I can go check it out. 


Which books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment