pages

July 23, 2016

Life Update | Adulting, Motivation and Finding Dori.

Today I was planning on doing some work on the blog. You know, it's Saturday, I desperately need to update my About page, I need to write more posts and I really want to give the blog a new makeover (new header and all that good stuff) but I just can't muster the energy to get up. Yeap, it's 13:07 and I'm still in bed. I blame Netflix and Gilmore Girls.

I don't really know why I'm feeling this lazy but I can't bring myself to adult today. I wouldn't say I'm lacking motivation because I did have a very productive week, maybe I'm just burned out and need a break. I guess that's it. I just hope that writing this post is not the only productive thing I do today.

I've been doing a lot of studying these past few days because next Sunday I'm doing a very important exam. I don't want to talk about it on the blog because it's kind of personal and if I fail I really don't want it recorded on the internet. Specially now that more and more people from my life have been finding out about blog. 

If you're also a blogger you know how weird this feeling is. You want your blog to be successful and for people to read and comment and all of that, but it's extremely weird when someone you know in person starts reading your blog. I guess that's just something we all need to handle at one point if you we want to keep blogging for a long time. People will find out about it eventually. I actually wrote a post about it a while ago, if you want you can check it out here - It's about feeling "embarrassed" of your blog and worrying about what other people will think. 

Aside from studying, I haven't been doing much. Yesterday, I went to the movies with my sister. We watched Finding Dori and it was AMAZING. Seriously, one of the best movies of the year for me. I felt all the emotions: I cried, I scream-laughed, I was sad, I was happy. It was a roller-coaster of emotions. If you haven't watched it yet, go now. 

But going back to the blog makeover, I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. I like my header but I'm kind of sick of it. I desperately need a new profile picture too but that it's going to take time. Anyway, I guess I'm going to play a little with the options on Canva. If you're a blogger and you haven't checked out Canva I highly recommend that you do. I was using PicMonkey before that and it was ok but Canva changed my life. 

That's all for today, guys. I promise next post is going to be a little better. Now that I got all of that out my system as soon as I press "publish" I'm getting up and getting started with my day and I'm writing a more exciting blog post for tomorrow. Don't forget to come back here tomorrow to check the new changes I'm making. I really want your feedback.

Do you have anything exciting planned for today?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.


ps: As I was procrastinating on finishing this post I did some changes on my About page so go check it out and tell me your thoughts. I would really appreciate that. Guess writing this post is not the only productive thing I'm doing today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment