pages

July 10, 2016

Monthly Empties | June, 2016.

Ok, I know I'm a little late with the empties this month but since I finished up so many products I decided to do it late anyway. I don't know what it is about empties that get me so excited. Adding a new empty product to my little basket literally puts me in a good mood. I'm not even ashamed to admit it here because if you're reading this post that probably puts you in a good mood as well. 

Well, this month was a productive one. I managed to finish 10 products plus six MAC products that I had already backed-to-MAC before taking the pictures for this post so they won't be featured. But since I usually save my back-to-MAC products for months months before exchanging them it wouldn't be "fair" to put them with the rest anyway.

Aside from the MAC products, I didn't finish any makeup items this month. It's mostly skin care, perfumes and some hair products. Still.. I'm excited. Like any beauty junkie I like rotating my products and knowing they are not just going bad in my cabinets. I've noticed that ever since I've started the blog and therefore the empties posts I've been more conscious of what I buy and also of what I'm actually able to use before it goes bad. So if you're having problems with that I guess starting a blog is a good solution!  
TRESemmé Smooth & Straight Conditioner: TRESemmé is one of my favorite hair care brands. It's a good price, my hair likes it and it's easy to get. This is my go to conditioner. I like having options in the shower but I always have this one in the mix. I've repurchased it many times and I'll continue to do so. I like the scent and I feel like it keeps my hair healthy, specially now that I've gone a little lighter. 

Acetone: I do my nails at home so I usually go through a bottle of acetone every couple of months. It's cheap, easy to find and it takes the nail polish off in seconds. I know people say it's bad for the nails but my nails are just fine. I can't stand nail polish remover so I acetone it is.

Physiogel Calming Lotion: I had a major skin problem-thing-allergy-reaction and these (and Cetaphil) were my best friends this month. I think it was eczema but I'm not sure because I didn't go to the doctor. I just applied moisturizer 3X a day and it did the trick. I would highly recommend this lotion if you have sensitive skin because this was a life saver. I was extremely moisturizing, it absorbed quickly in the skin and it helped a lot with the itching.

Diesel Fuel For Life Eau de Parfum for Her: I cannot believe I finished a entire bottle of perfume. I think I've had this for 4 years or more but I wasn't even mad because I LOVE THIS SCENT. I'm not good at describing scent so I'm not even going to try. Next time you go to Sephora just try it and see if it's for you. As for the lasting power, it was pretty good. And also, keep in mind that I've had this for 4 years it didn't go bad.
Bath & Body Works Fragrance Mist in Sweat Pea: This wasn't my favorite BBW scent and, honestly, I don't even know why I got it. This was a pain to use up. I get these fragrance mists because I like applying them everyday before class just to get a fresh and light scent so if I'm not a big fan of the scent you can see how it would be a pain to use up. But I guess that was my fault for choosing the wrong one. But in general, I love BBW fragrance mists.. Twilight Woods is the one I'm currently wearing and I would totally recommend trying it out. Sweat Pea? Not so much. 


Dove Beauty Bar: This is a staple in my bathroom. It's my favorite kind of soap. I love the smell, it's extremely moisturizing and it's relatively cheap. I use this in the shower and as a face wash every morning. I would recommend this to anyone, specially if you have dry or sensitive skin. 

Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Oil Elixir: I got this on a whim while I was traveling last year and it ended up being surprisingly good. This was the first Schwarzkopf product I've ever tried and now I really want to try more. I applied it after washing my hair and it made combing easier. It also helped with the frizz. It was good and I would consider buying it again but it wasn't a life changing thing.

Granado Hand Cream in Pink: I love this hand cream but since it's a Brazilian brand I don't think it's easy to get it in other countries. It was one of those creams that moisturizes your hands but it doesn't leave them feeling greasy (which is surprisingly hard to find). If you ever manage to get your hands in Granado's products, go for this hand cream. 

Umiditá Lotion for Sensitive Skin: I've had this little sample around for months and I decided to pick it up and see if it would help me with my problem-thing-allergy-reaction. I'm not really sure if it did or not because there was so little of it and also because I was using so many different lotions at them time. So, I guess it was ok.

Those are all the products I've finished up in June. Get ready for another big empties in July. I don't know what's going on but all my products are running out at the same time. I know.. It's weird but also GREAT. I love getting stuff out and making room for new products. And knowing that I got my money's worth out of a product is not bad either. If you've done an empties post or video lately let me know on the comments because I love reading/watching those. Like I said, empties put me in a good mood. I know.. I'm weird.


Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...