pages

August 11, 2016

10 Reasons Why You Should Watch Gilmore Girls.

Guess who's climbed out of the whole she was living and discovered Gilmore Girls? ME! I cannot believe I've waited this long to watch this. And now, 'cause apparently when I discover a new series I need to watch as much as it's humanly possible in one sitting, I'm addicted. It'all I watch. Everyday. Lunch break, Gimore Girls. Afternoon, Gilmore Girls. When I get home from class, Gilmore Girls. Before going to sleep, Gilmore Girls. 

So, in honor of this new love affair I've started I decided to put together all the reasons why Lorelai and Rory are slowly taking over my life and I'm loving it. If you've already watched the entire thing just take this moment to "fangirl" with me and take a trip down memory lane. And just one more thing, if you feel the need to give out any major spoilers, reconsider. Nobody likes a spoiler and shame on you. 

Reason #1: I want to be Lorelai when I grow up.
I mean, who doesn't want to be an independent woman who can take of herself thank you very much? Seriously, I love Lorelai. I love how independent she is and how she's such an understanding mother. I feel like nowadays most TV shows are just worried about showing perfect looking people with perfect looking clothes in perfect looking sets. So I can totally appreciate how real this show feels and I think most of this is due to Lorelai's character. I mean, I know it's not real real (it's a TV show) but you get what I'm saying, right?  

Reason #2: I want to marry Luke Danes right now.
I love how this show makes you love almost every character. None of them are perfect, they all have their flaws and none of them look like supermodels but you just can't help loving them all. Luke is kind, supportive, understanding and funny. He's not always on a good mood I'll give you that, but none of us are.    

Reason #3: You'll never get tired of the opening song. 
"Where you lead, I will follow.." HA, now you're gonna have that song stuck in your head the entire day. Sorry not sorry. It's a great song!

Reason #4: Rory is sometimes the perfect example of what not to do.
In the beginning we think Rory is the perfect daughter. She's intelligent, makes good decisions, has good friends and all that. But then she meets a "bad boy" and all of that intelligence goes down the drain. She looses herself and starts making bad decisions.
What I'm saying is, even the smartest girls can have their lives turned upside down because of a boy. It happened to Rory, it happened to me and I'm pretty sure it happened to you too (or to a "friend of yours"). It's life and sometimes we need to make mistakes to learn a few lessons.   

Reason #5: Michel is literally me.
No, let me correct that: Michel is all of us. Who doesn't get tired of dealing with people everyday? I know I do. 
Reason #6: Emily Gilmore. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm #teamLorelai all the way but I really like Emily's character. She's the opposite of Lorelai and that shows that there's no "right way" to live your life. You can be independent Lorelai or "corporate wife" Emily and that's just fine as long as you feel happy, fulfilled and proud of your life.  

Reason #7: Paris can never find her chill.
Paris is just so Paris. I could never be friends with a person like her 'cause I'm sure she would give me anxiety 24/7 and I can't live like that. But it's still fun to watch her. 

Reason #8: We all know a real life Kirk.  
Kirk is the embodiment of every odd person we know and I love that. 

Reason #9: It will make you want to move to a small town.
I felt the same way when I watched Heart of a Dixie. There's something about small towns in TV shows that makes it sound so much fun and heart warming. I've never lived in a small town but I'm pretty sure it's not all rainbows and butterflies and everybody loves each other all the time.. But still, I kind of want to move to Stars Hollow now. 

Reason #10: It'll expand your concept of family.
The thing I like the most in this show is the family aspect. It perfectly portraits that you don't need to be actually related to someone to consider them family and that it's not just because you were born in a family that you'll necessarily fit in.  


That's it for today's post! I hope you guys enjoyed it and found it entertaining. I just wanted to do something funny so we can all laugh together. Although I'm dead serious when I say this: Netflix is going to be the death me. If you have any suggestion based on Gilmore Girls, please let me know. But I'm still in Season 5 so it's going to take me a while to get to it.   

Have you watched Gilmore Girls?
Did I convince you to do it?

Thanks so much for stopping by and come back soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...