pages

August 26, 2016

10 Things I'm Grateful For Today.


Today I had a weird day. It's my day off but I wasn't expecting to do much anyway but I've had some really crappy news that put me in a crappy mood all morning. I didn't get out of bed until 11:30 when I decided that enough was enough. Sometimes things just don't work out and that's life. You live and you learn (and all that) and I've lived enough to learn that part of the learning process is failing and that's alright. 

So I got up, drank some coffee, ate some waffles and decided to do something fun for a change. I've been studying and working like crazy and I needed this day to just find my chill. I've been on edge and stressed out and I'm done with all of that, at least for today. So I decided to have a fun day. I didn't expect to have so much fun honestly, maybe just go to the pool, have a nice lunch and watch some Netflix. But things ended up quite nicely, my sister managed to get off work too so we had a "family day" with my parents and I didn't even know how much I missed that.

This whole day got me thinking about how I tend to think that my life sucks and that the world is a horrible place every time I have a setback. That's just not true and sometimes we get so caught up in our lives that we tend to forget that. If you're alive or have a roof over your head there's always something to be grateful for and that's what this post is all about. I just wanted to come over here and remind you and myself of that. 

So, here it is, 10 things I'm grateful for today.

#1: Having a supportive family. I was in such a bad mood today and just having their company made me feel better. 

#2: Having goals. I know I've failed this time but just being able to set goals for myself is pretty good. A lot of girls and women out there are not allowed to follow their dreams so I try not to take it for granted.  

#3: Being able to keep trying.

#4: Blogging. It's another thing that always puts me in a good mood and I love it. I love sharing my thoughts and experiences with anyone out there who wants to read and talk about it. 

#5: Kitty. I love my cat and that's all I have to say about that. 

#6: Yummy food. My parents took us out today for lunch and it was great. I cannot remember the last time I went out for lunch on a week day and I loved it. 

#7: Pretty places.

#8: Having the luxury to go shopping. I know a lot of people are not able to go shopping for things they don't particularly need so I kind of consider that a luxury. 

#9: Good music.

#10: Movies. When we got home me and my sister spend the afternoon watching Mean Girls and I had so much fun. Mean Girls is one of my "comfort movies", it always makes me laugh and feel better.

That's all for today, guys! I'm not ready yet to share my crappy news on the blog but I'm sure I will in the future. I'm getting my thoughts together and exploring different options but as soon as I'm ready I'm planning on talking about how I deal failure. Being an adult is hard and dealing with adult problems is even harder. But I'm sure everything is going to work out in the end and I'll end up exactly where I'm supposed to. 

Now, I thought about challenging you! Let know on the comments or write a blog post about 10 things you were grateful for today. Especially if you're having a bad day I think this a very good thing to do and it'll help you to put things in perspective. I actually recommend doing this on a daily basis but I know life happens and it's hard to find time to stop and just be grateful but it can't hurt to try. If you don't feel like sharing these kinds of things on the internet, that's cool too as long as you take a moment to realize that life is pretty great actually.

What were you grateful for today?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment