pages

August 9, 2016

Current Beauty Favorites.

Heeeeello, everyone!

Today's post is going to be chatty one. I miss talking about beauty products and doing favorites - I feel like I've been only blogging about books and, although I clearly love talking about books, I know I neglected the "beauty" aspect of this blog. But today we're here and if you also missed the beauty posts, it's your lucky day. YAY! OK, I'm gonna bring down the excitement a little bit.

I live in Rio de Janeiro and the weather over here has been crazy. It's sunny, it's cloudy, it's humid, it's cold and then it's extremely hot.. It's all over the place so you're going to see that I chose some products to help me deal with all of that. And also, I like to keep my favorites short. I only mention some of the products that stood out to me during the month because I have a set of products that I use not matter what and I don't think it makes a lot of sense for me to mention them over and over. 

So, let's get to the favorites!


Equate Dual Power Moisturizer.

I always like to have some sort of acne fighting moisturizer in my bathroom. I don't usually get a lot of spots on my face but it's good to have for emergency's and this month I actually ended up using a lot of it. I normally get the Clean&Clear one but I got this when I was in the US at the end of last year. The formula is a bit different but it does the job. I also like to apply this underneath my foundation. I feel like it's gives just the right amount of moisture for the foundation to go on smoothly but it doesn't make you greasy.  






Revlon Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige.

I loooove this. If I had to pick a favorite drugstore product it would be this. Color Tattoos have the perfect formula: it applies easily, it doesn't crease and it's super pigmented. And this is my favorite color. You can wear it as a lid shade or as a base for your eye look like I do most of the times. And you only need a little bit. I've been wearing this since January and I've only made a tiny dent in it. 





MAC Cream Color Base in Vintage Rose.

I've recently rediscovered this in my collection and I have no idea where it came from. I don't remember buying and I asked my mom, my sister and my close friends if it was theirs and nothing. So, now I have it and I'm glad I do! I'm not really sure how you're supposed to use it but I've been wearing it as blush and I'm really liking it. It's the perfect shade for my skin tone and it lasts the entire day on my cheeks. It gives that healthy "I-just-ran-up-the-stairs" flush. 




Clean & Clear Toner for Sensitive Skin.

This is a recent purchase but I'm already loving it. I got this 'cause I had a weird acne outbreak last month and I remember I used to use this every night in my teenage years. It helped a lot with the acne. I also noticed this is great for removing face makeup, specially foundation. It's also not too drying but you can feel it's cleaning out your pores. I highly recommend giving this a try if you're dealing with acne.






Not Your Mother's Sea Salt Spray.

This is the first sea salt spray I've ever used so I don't have another one to compare it to but I really liked this. My hair is naturally wavy and currently super long so when I apply this it gets more wavy and with a lot more texture which I love. I use it more for the texture than anything. As you can see from the travel size, I didn't have much faith in it but I'm really loving it - specially when it's hot outside and I don't feel like applying heat my hair. 



I hope you guys enjoyed this post. I'm really into making beauty posts now so expect more of these in the future. I've been lacking on beauty posts because they take up a lot of time to make and I was super busy last month. If you have any thoughts or suggestions please leave it on the comments. I love hearing from you! 

Should I do more favorites?
What are some of your favorites?

Thanks so much reading and I'll talk to you soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...