pages

August 16, 2016

If You Liked This, Try That | Book Edition.

I've been wanting to do this post for so long and I'm so glad I've finally read enough books to do it. So, the basic concept here is that if you liked one book, you'll probably liked another one that I consider similar. I don't know about you guys, but when I read a book that I love I want to keep the vibe going and read similar alternatives. I don't know if that came out right but you know what I'm talking about.

Especially if you're in a reading slump or a book hangover (when you finish an amazing book/series and you don't know what to do with your life after) this post is going to help you get into the reading mood again and excited about book. Now, I'm going to stop rambling and we're going to get to the books!


Night Film | Everything Leads To You.
 What's similar: Both stories revolve around films and a mystery. They'e incredibly gripping and we'll hook with the first few pages. 

What's different: Night Film is very dark and scary sometimes. There are some really vivid scenes, elements of dark magic, voodoo and all that weird stuff. It's like "reading a scary movie". ELTY is a contemporary and although it centers around the mystery there's a love interest, a strong friendship and a very present family element. 

The Deal | Wait for You.
 What's similar: They're both romances and set in college. They follow the same romance cliche  of guys meets girl, the fall in love, something happens and they get back together. But they're still good stories if that's what you're in the mood for. 

What's different: Not a lot is different. In Wait For You the girl is the one with the secret and in The Deal the boy is the one with the secret. The way they meet and these particulars are different because they are different stories written by different authors but they both have the same vibe. 

The Girls | Dark Places.
 What's similar: The girl protagonist, the existence of a cult and the time period. 

What's different: In The Girls the main character gets involved in a cult so we can see the inner workings of it and the kind of people that join. In Dark Places the life of the main character is change by the workings of a cult. 

Yes Please | Bossypants.
 What's similar: Funny memoirs written buy comedians.  

What's different: Honestly, I don't see a lot of difference between this two other than the fact that they're written by different people.

Seraphina | Carry On.
 What's similar: Magical realism and young protagonists. 

What's different: Carry On is basically Harry Potter fan fiction so you can see why I loved it so much. In Seraphina we see a different world with dragons and a different magic system. 


That's it for me today, guys! I hope you enjoyed the post and took some good recommendations from it. I loved all of the books I mentioned here so if any of them spark your interest (even if it's just a little spark) give it a chance and you won't be disappointed.  Have a great day!

What are you currently reading?
Do you have any books to recommend us?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...