pages

August 8, 2016

Monthly Empties | July, 2016.

I know I'm a little late with this empties but it's still the beginning of the month and since I had so many products I wanted to get this one out and not combine it with next month's - which is already a big and growing pile. I don't know what's going on with my products but they all decided to run out at the same time which I'm not sure it's a good thing anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love finishing up products but this month I feel like I used up all of my favorites things and now I need to use my not-so-favorite alternatives. But I'm excited! I managed to finish a couple makeup items this month and even a nail polish (something that doesn't happen very often)!
Baptiste Dry Shampoo in Dark & Deep Brown: This is my all-time-favorite-can't-leave-without dry shampoo. It works great, it's not too drying but it still absorbs the oils. The scent is incredible - it literally smells like perfume. It doesn't leave a weird white cast in your hair. And you can't beat the price. I will definitely repurchase this one as soon as I can - it's kind of hard to find Baptiste products where I live.  

Herbal Essence Nourishing Conditioner in Moroccan My Shine: First of all, let's all take a moment to appreciate how Herbal Essence names their products. I'm a sucker for products with funny or clever names. But about the product, I really liked this conditioner. It wasn't amazing or life changing but it the job and it smelled great. I would definitely repurchase it in the future.    

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle in Smooth: I always have this in the shower and I mix it in with my conditioner every time that I wash my hair (which is not very often). And I love it. I love the scent, how it makes my hair feel smoother and the squeeze out tube. It also has a great price and I always manage to get them in some sort of discount, like three for two or something like that.   

Avon Advance Techniques Styling Heat Protection Spray: I've had this for ages and I'm finally tossing it. It was good when I got it but now it smells funny and I don't feel like it works anymore. I can never finish and entire heat protector because I don't style my hair very often, I honestly just let it air dry most of the times. But I managed to finish most of it so I don't feel very bad about tossing it.  
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: I've actually done an entire comparison review between this and the Bioderma and I found that they're pretty much the same, but this one is cheaper. I love Micellar waters in general and use it pretty much everyday to take off my makeup or just prep my skin for my night moisturizer. As soon as I run out of my Bioderma, I will definitely repurchase it.   

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: Another all-time-favorite-can't-leave-without product. If you go back on my empties posts I think you will find at least three of these huge Cetaphil creams. I use this as a face and body moisturizer and I love it. I had really bad eczema last month and I feel like this and the next moisturizer I have here were the life savers. I think I'll repurchase this for the rest of my life and I already have a back up. And no, Cetaphil doesn't sponsor me.    

Dove Dermoaclarant Deodorant: I still don't know how I feel about this deodorant. I know that these things take time but this is my second tube and I still haven't seen any difference in terms of clearing out my armpits. I still have one left so I'll keep using it but I don't think it's going to make a big difference. So, if you have a good "dermoaclarant" deodorant to recommend please do!  

Saniskin Moisturizing Lotion: Like I said before, this was amazing for my eczema. I really enjoyed this lotion, it was extremely moisturizing and soothing. I also really liked the scent. My only problem with this was the price. I can't justify spending that much on a lotion when I can get Cetaphil on the drugstore. It was good while it lasted but I don't think I'll repurchase it.     
Elf Eyelid Primer: I really didn't like this product. I did nothing for me. Seriously, nothing. I don't get how people can say this is an amazing primer and compare it to high end ones. Anyway, I know it was only a dollar but I was expecting more because I really like Elf products.  

Revlon Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze: Color tattoos are one of my favorite makeup products. I usually use them as a base but this shade was so pretty that used it mostly on its own as a lid color and just added something darker on the crease for a more smokey look. My only problem with these is that they dry up really fast, faster than the MAC's paint pots.  

Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black Fever: This is the best eye pencil I've ever found and when I was in the USA last year I stocked up. It's one of the few I've ever found that last on your water line and smudge like crazy but still give you the smokey look. All time favorite status. Love it.    

Risque Nail Polish in Bali: I'm so excited I finally finished a nail polish! This is the perfect nude shade for me and already bought a new bottle. I love this formula and if you apply a base coat and a top coat it will last a long time on your nails.

Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara: I loved this mascara. This and the Falsies one are my favorites and I usually alternate between the two. If there's one thing Maybelline knows how to do is mascara. This one had the fibers thing going on and I really enjoyed it. I felt like it gave me more volume and length and it was really black.  


Those are all my empties from this past month. I hope you guys enjoyed this post and please let me know on the comments your thoughts and opinions. I love hearing from you guys! And also, I love reading/watching empties, so if you've done a video or a blog post recently leave it in the comments so I can check it out as well. 


How many beauty products did you finish this month?

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment