pages

August 31, 2016

Monthly Favorites | August, 2016.

I can't believe I'm getting my Monthly Favorites in time! Guys, I think it's safe to say that I've finally found a blogging schedule I can stick with and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I've been loving making my Monthly Favorites again. It's a good way to keep the beauty and makeup part of the blog going since I hardly ever do hauls anymore (that's topic for another post) and it makes more conscious of what I'm actually using in my collection.

You guys know the drill, I like keeping these posts short and sweet. But if you're new here, just know that I only mention the products that have stood out to me on my everyday use. I don't usually mention my staples (like concealer, powder and whatnot) because they're always the same (I've been wearing my MAC Studio Fix for 6 years now..) and I think mentioning the same products over and over is a little boring.. 


Victoria's Secret Girl's Night 
Fragrance Mist.

Since I have so many of these fragrance mists I try to pull out a new one every month and this one really surprised me. It's a very light, fresh and feminine scent which is perfect for me because I hate overpowering perfumes (they give me headaches). I used this pretty much every week day as I was getting ready to leave the house and I think I might keep this one out for next month. 

Cetaphil Daylong Sunscreen SPF30.

I wear sunscreen every morning no matter what so I decided to get a new one to alternate with my La Roche Pose one. I'm a big fan of the Cetaphil brand and this product is really good. It's moisturizing and it works great under makeup. It does leave a dewy finish on the face, so if you have oily skin I would reconsider getting this one (although it says it's oil-free on the packaging). I like the dewy finish because I usually wear powder foundation in the morning so it makes everything look more natural. 
Essence Get Big Lashes Mascara.

I usually don't see a lot of difference when it comes to mascara. I don't know if my lashes are weird but every mascara looks the same to me so I never get expensive ones. But this was pretty great. I did notice that it made my lashes longer and stand out more. It doesn't transfer onto my skin when I apply it on the bottom lashes and it's really inexpensive. If you're looking for a new mascara, highly recommend trying this one out. 
NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake + Essence Lipstick in Natural Beauty. 

Another Essence product. This is the perfect everyday combo for me. I swear I wore these products almost every day this month 'cause it's what I keep in my makeup bag and I loved it. The lipstick by itself doesn't have a very strong staying power, but with the gloss on top it really works - probably because the gloss has some color to it. I loved and if you haven't tried these two together, you have to. It's the perfect natural pink
MAC Paint Pot in Let's Skate. 

I don't think this is a very popular shade among the beauty bloggers and it's funny because it is really beautiful on the lids. At first, I wasn't a big fan but I got used to it and figured out how to incorporate it in my looks and now I'm really loving it. It's the perfect base for pretty much every shimmery eye shadow 'cause it's light and already has some glitter to it. And since I usually where a light shimmery shade everyday to open up my eyes and make me look more awake, this is perfect. 

Those are all my favorites for this month! I hope you enjoyed the post and let me know on the comments any thoughts and recommendations you might have. I love hearing from you. If you've done a recent favorites on your blog let me know as well so I can go check it out. 

What are some of your favorites this month?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...