pages

September 22, 2016

5 Tips On How To Save Money.

Heeello, everyone!


Today's post is coming to you a little bit late because yesterday I was facing some blogging struggles: nothing was working. I couldn't find my pictures in my hard drive, my internet was failing and everything was stressing me out. I was trying to stick to schedule, but I was so tired and uninspired that I thought it would be best to write this post today with a fresh mind.

We're going to talk about saving money. I feel like this is the perfect post to follow the last one since, apparently, this week is about minimalism. I say "apparently" because this wasn't something I was planning ahead, although it kind of worked out nicely. Nowadays, I feel like this is a very important topic to talk about since debt seems to be a very common problem to our generation. We seem to be becoming more and more materialistic and facing difficulty when it comes to saving money.

Having said that, saving money is not rocket science. It's one of the easiest things to do in my opinion, you just don't expend your money. Don't buy things you don't need, make smarted shopping decisions and focus on the end goal. I know everything is easier said than done, but if we're being honest with ourselves, we're our worst enemies when it comes to money. We are the ones who choose to spend it unwisely and it's all up to us to change that. So, if you're having problems in changing that, here are my tips!

'One In, One Out' rule // I've been following these rule ever since I've started decluttering my life and adopting a more minimalist lifestyle. The name is pretty self-explanatory: I can only buy a new product when I get rid of one. I started applying this with my makeup products ('cause things we getting out of hand) and then it kind of spread into my life.    

Use your library // I cannot stress this enough, why would you spend money on something you can get for free? I've recently graduated college and I know how pricey textbooks can be. If following an academic career is not in your plans, buying the books you need is probably not the smarted option. I know there websites where you can rent books and things like that, but in my opinion the library is the best way to go. If you are university student you probably have a library on campus, so take advantage of that.
And even if you're not a college student, you can still use your library. I know I still do and I could not recommend it enough.  

'Pay Yourself First' rule // I think I heard about this rule in a TED talk or something like that. This is something so simple and I don't know why a lot of people don't do it. Whenever you get paid, before paying your bills and shopping, the first thing you do it set aside some money on your savings account. I would recommend setting aside a good amount, not like 10 dollars. If it's a small amount it's going to take a lot of time for you to see progress and it might discourage you to keep saving. 

Rethink your bills // When I moved out of my parents' house I thought about each and every bill that was coming to my house. Me and my dad sat down and we started to think about what we could do about them. I stopped paying Netflix (and decided to share an account with my sister), I canceled my landline (because who calls a landline nowadays?), and all those things that we don't really think about, but add up at the end of the month. If you have a supportive parent like me, ask him/her for advice. They probably know more than you when it comes to paying bills (they've been doing it for longer), and it's kind of like a "bonding" activity. My dad got so excited he even took me out for ice cream when we were done!

Be organized // By being organized you not only save yourself some time when you're looking for things, but you also avoid buying duplicates or just things you don't really need. I also helps with paying your bills, missing due dates not only costs you money but it's a pain in the ass.   


Those are all the tips I have for today, guys! I hope you enjoyed the post and let me know if any of these tips work out for you. I have more tips to share, so if you liked this post let me know on the comments so I can make more of them. I probably only have enough for one more post so don't get too excited about it.  


Do you have any tips to share with us?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon!








DISCLAIMER: I believe that everyone can benefit from these tips, but I understand that not everyone makes the same amount of money or has the same financial responsibilities. I don't have student loans nor do I have to support anyone, except myself. If you have serious financial troubles, I'm sorry but this post is not for you and you should look for a financial adviser or someone with more experience than me when it comes to adulting (I'm only 23).   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...