pages

September 10, 2016

Currently Reading | Reading Slump.

I tried to deny it and I tried to push trough it, but there's no escaping now: I'm on a reading slump. Aaaaaah, I hate reading slumps, especially now that I'm so close to my Reading Challenge. The point of this post is to talk about the books I'm currently reading (hence the title), but also to try to motivate myself to get over this slump. I love reading but sometimes, for no apparent reason, I feel like doing anything but. Seriously, someone should study this and help out readers all over the world.

I think this all started because I thought participating on a Readathon was a good idea. I love the concept of reading nonstop and killing my TBR pile, but it just gave me anxiety and I forced myself to read books I wasn't enjoying. Lesson learned: Readathons are not for me. Anyway, thank God for audiobooks because if it weren't for them I wouldn't be "reading" anything!
Seaside Dreams - Melissa Foster: I started reading this as a last attempt to continue on the IndieReadathon and think this is what started my reading slump. I really disliked the previous book I've read and I tried to keep pushing with the "indie" authors and here we are now.. Having said that, I am enjoying this book. I have a couple of problems with it but I'm loving the whole small town romance vibe going on. 
It - Stephen King: This book goes on and on and on and on FOREVER. Seriously, the more I read it the more I still have to read. I'm enjoying it though and I've accepted that I'll be reading this book for a long long time. This is the second Stephen King book I've read and I do plan on reading more as soon as I finish this one, which might take a while. 

Truly, Madly, Guilty - Liane Moriarty: What do you do when you're on a reading slump? Go for the audiobook, of course! Honestly, this is what's saving me. If it wasn't for this audiobook I wouldn't be doing any "reading". I've been really enjoying this story and it's funny because this is the first Liane Moriarty book I've liked. Maybe it's because I'm listening to it and not actually reading. 
The Personal MBA - Josh Kaufman: I've started reading this because I wanted to read more books that would improve my life (see the post here). I think this is a good book but it wasn't what I was expecting. I do plan on finishing it but I've just not been in the mood to read stuff like this, and I feel like now I need a quick and fun book to get me out of this slump. 


Hopefully, we'll see all of these books on my Reading Wrap Up at the end of the month. Being on a slump is not fun. I really need to get it together and start reading book if I want to complete my Reading Challenge. I've read 54 books so far but the goal is 70 or more - I'm secretly hoping for 100 so fingers crossed! If you have any tips on getting over a reading slump please let me know because I desperately need it!

What are you currently reading?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...