pages

September 2, 2016

Reading Wrap Up | August, 2016.

Heeeeello, everyone!

I know I bragged on my last post about being on schedule with my Monthly Favorites and now I'm two days late with my Reading Wrap Up. But what you're gonna do, right?! Better late than never and two days is not even that late. I'm still happy I've been more consistent with blogging and this is just a tiny little setback. 

I know a lot of people were complaining about August being too long but I kind of needed all those "extra days" to just catch up on blogging, studying and reading. I managed to get into some sort of schedule that works for me and things have been going pretty well. I've read a total of six books this month and some of them were incredible. Let's get to the books!
Luckiest Girl Alive - Jessica Knoll: Guys, this book.. WOW! I was not expecting to like it so much. I know a lot of people were saying this is similar to Girl On The Train and it's not. But it was still really awesome. I would describe it as a psychological thriller and I loved everything about it: the writing, the characters, the plot and the pace of the story. I loved how the author approached certain topics and the way she described the main character's feelings as she going through it all. It hooked from the beginning and I felt all the feels. I'm definitely reading more from Jessica Knoll in the future.  
More Happy Than Not - Adam Silvera: Another one I was not expecting to like so much and I LOVED IT. Seriously, one of the best books I've read in 2016 so far - if not the best. This is the first I've read from Adam Silvera and I need more. I love his writing and how his characters felt so real and relatable. I also loved the way he approached the aspect of being gay and how the characters dealt with it and came to expect it. Everything just felt incredibly real, like someone was telling me about something that happened to them. And in the end, the plot twist was just too much for my heart. This book was a emotional roller coaster and I need more.  
Of Poseidon - Anna Banks: This was "meeeh" - not amazing but not horrible. It was solid 2.5 stars in my opinion and I won't be continuing on with the series. I don't know how to say this nicely, so I'm just gonna say: this book felt silly. The whole story and the characters were a little off, I found myself rolling my eyes and thinking "really?" multiple times and the pace was off too. This would happen incredibly slow or ridiculously fast. It's safe to say that this book was not for me but I think this is something I would enjoy reading if I were younger.   
Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover: I just can't with this book. You guys know I hate throwing shade at books but I really disliked this and it kind of makes me sad because I usually really enjoy Colleen Hoover's books. If you've read any of her books before you can probably guess that this is  romance. The book is told from two perspectives, the guy (Miles) and the girl (Tate) and Miles' chapters were written in verse because he's just sooooo deep and feels so many feelings. I really didn't like that aspect. Their relationship developed in a weird way and was not really believable. Tate is kind of this sassy girl and there's a scene in the beginning where they don't even know each other that well and he literally orders her to stay in his apartment while he watches a game or fight in her brother's apartment with his friends. And I'm like, what? Who does that? Somethings were really just off for me and I just didn't like it. 
The Retribution Of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin: This is the last book of the Mara Dyer trilogy and I loved it. I saw on GoodReads that a lot of people were disappointed with the ending but, to be honest, I think this was the perfect ending to this story. The author tied all the knots perfectly and it perfect pace. I didn't feel like she was rushing it or dragging it along. I don't want to talk about the story 'cause I don't want to give out any spoilers but this trilogy was amazing. One of my favorites and if you're thinking about getting started just do it. I know that books are long but they are so worthy. 
Harry Potter and The Cursed Child - John Tiffany and Jack Thorne: Another controversial book. I've actually done an entire post about this book so if you want a more in depth review and discussion you can check it out here. But, all in all, I really loved it. I loved having more Harry Potter content and going back to that world. I had a couple of problems with this story but in the end everything was great and if you're debating whether or not you should read this, I think you should. Just go into it knowing that this is not the eight book from series and take it from what it is. 


Those are all the books that I've read in the month of August! I can't believe I've read six books! I always feel like I've read less than I actually did and every time I write these posts I get surprised. Anyway, let me know any thoughts or comment you might have. I love hearing from you. 

What are the books you've read this month?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...