pages

October 5, 2016

7 Movies I Like To Watch on Halloween.


Yes, it's October 5th and I'm ready for Halloween! We're already in the Halloween spirit over here and I hope you're as excited as I am (which is very). Ok, so today I wanted to share with you guys some of my favorite movies to watch during this time of the year. I'm not a big fan of horror movies, specially if they deal with spirits and exorcism (I literally just got goosebumps from typing it), but I do love mysteries, thrillers and movies about Halloween in a non-terrifying way. These are basically awesome movies that will (probably) not keep you up at night while still putting you in the Halloween mood.

Let's get to the movies!

Hocus Pocus // I HAD TO mention this one. This is a classic! I literally watch this movie multiple times during the year just 'cause. I'm pretty sure I have some lines memorized by now, but I still love it. I can't get over Sarah J. Parker in this roll and I just love everything about this movie. There's some little romance going one, a friendly zombie, witches and a strong family element. What more do you want?



Haunted Mansion // This is one of my favorite Disney World rides and every time I watch this movie I get an intense urge to book a ticket and just go! I don't think this movie receives the recognition it deserves. A lot of people seem to forget about this Eddy Murphy gem when they are putting together their Halloween movies and I don't know why. Haunted Mansion is extremely funny (in a non-childish way), there's Eddie Murphy in it and the storyline is pretty unique.


Sweeney Todd: The Demon Partner of Fleet Street // This is one of my all time favorite musicals. I know almost all of the songs by heart and I have no shame in admitting it: "Oh Mr. Todd, I'm so happy, I could eat you up I really could"/"No there's no place like LONDON". I think this is perfect to watch in October because it has a very dark, creepy and mysterious vibe to it. The storyline is great, it keeps surprising you and it has a killer ending. If you don't enjoy musicals this is probably not for you because there's a lot of singing going on. But, all the songs are amazing and I loved them so much to the point of downloading them on my phone. I mean, with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, how can it not be awesome?

Beetlejuice // Another classic. If you don't know Bettlejuice, go home and read a book. This book is incredibly funny and kind of scary sometimes. I remember being super scared the first time I watched this as a kid and I even had to sleep in my sister's room. But, anyway, this movie just screams Halloween to me and it's a must watch in October.


The Village // And now we're getting to the mystery part. These next movies are the scariest one. I remember after watching this thinking: WHAT JUST HAPPENED? This is basically about a super mysterious group of people who live in a village in the middle of the woods inhabited by "weird beings". They usually don't leave the village or go into the woods, but then someone gets sick and they have to. This is super creepy, super mysterious and kind of scary. I'm probably the only one that considers this scary because I'm a big baby.

Hide and Seek // I think this is the scariest of them all. Probably because creepy/crazy people creep me out tremendously. This is such a good mystery, I love it when movies take you by surprise like this. I suck at talking about the plot without giving too much of it away, so I'm just gonna say that it's about a father and a daughter who move into a house in a small town after the mom dies. The girl makes a new imaginary friend called Charlie and their relationship gets pretty weird and creepy. And also, how cute is Dakota Fanning in this movie?


The Others // This one is also supeeeeeer scary. The plot is about a mother and her kids living in a house in the aftermath of the World War II. Her kids have some kind of disease and as soon as some new servants arrive at the house weird things start to happen. This movie has a major plot twist, and that's all I'm going to say about it. It also won a bunch of awards.


These are all the movies I'm talking about today. If you'd like to see more seasonal movie recommendations let me know, and please share of your favorites with us. Like I said, I'm not really into horror movies, mostly 'cause they scare the crap out of me, but I still like to get into the Halloween mood with some not-so-scary ones. I love this time of the year, and I'm kind of glad the year is coming to an end, 'cause I'm ready for Christmas! 

What movies to do you usually watch on Halloween?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment