pages

October 28, 2016

Cruelty-Free Makeup I Own and LOVE.

Hey. What's up? Hello!

This month's Favorites is going to be a little different. If you've been reading my recent posts you probably already know this, but I've been trying to go completely cruelty-free when it comes to beauty products: makeup, haircare, skincare... everuthing! I'll keep using the products I already have, but now I only purchase cruelty-free.  So, I thought it would be cool to share with you guys some of my favorite products from brands that don't test on animals. These are all products that I've had for ages and that happen to be cruelty-free - they were not purchased just because they're cruelty-free. I hope you get inspired by this post and realize that there are some GREAT brands out there with AMAZING products that DON'T TEST ON ANIMALS.


MUA Eyeshadow Palette | Heaven and Earth.
I've mentioned this in a previous post, but I just had to mention it again. This is one of my all time favorite palettes and it's super inexpensive. These are all shades I use on a daily basis, although I've been trying to incorporate more colors in my looks. But for color I usually use my random quads or duos. These are super pigmented, long-lasting and beautiful. I think this is a staple, it would look good with any eye color.
BONUS: e.l.f. brushes are just amazing and also cruelty-free.


Kiko Lipsticks | 812, 912, 913.
If you didn't know, Kiko's lipsticks don't have shades, they have numbers and these are my favorites. I love Kiko's products overall, but these lipsticks are just special. They're super moisturizing, they feel nice on the lips and they stay put. You don't have to worry about them moving outside the lip line. They also come in a bunch of shades and are also super inexpensive. As you're going to see, inexpensive is a recurring today. 


NYX Butter Gloss | Angel Food Cake.
I'm not usually a big fan of lipgloss, but this is AMAZING. It's super comfortable, it lasts on the lips and this shades goes with everything. I definitely plan on trying out more shades in the future and I highly recommend trying this formula if you're in the market for lipgloss. I haven't tried anything else from NYX, but I totally plan on. Specially now that I've discovered that they're cruelty-free.


Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick | Velvet Slipper.
 This is a new product. I've only worn it a couple of times, but I'm in LOVE with this shade. We've been having some cold weather over here and I've been loving the dark shades. I don't have a lot of liquid lipsticks, but I do like this one. It lasts a long time on the lips, it doesn't move, it's pretty matte and the price is great. If you've been curious about liquid lipsticks, this is a good one to start.


Essence Match2Cover | Soft Beige.
This is an old favorite, I've repurchased this multiple times. The best part about it is the fact that it comes with two different shades that you can mix and match to get your perfect shade. I also love the lighter shade for highlighting. It does crease so you have to set if with powder, but that's not a problem for me because I always set my under eye area. This is an overall great product and it's super inexpensive. You don't need to break the bank to go cruelty-free.


That's it for today, folks! I hope you enjoyed this post! If you can't go completely cruelty-free I think it still helps if you can switch some of the products you currently use. You don't need to do everything all at once, take baby steps. Every step in the right direction counts and it's better to be a part of the solution than part of the problem! And also, you don't have to throw everything away, just keep that in mind when you go shopping in the future. Let me know you thoughts and opinion in the comments, I love hearing from you!

What are some of you're favorite cruelty-free beauty brands?

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment