pages

October 8, 2016

Halloween | Scary Reads.

I'm not usually one of those people who gets extremely into every different holiday. I don't decorate my house according to the seasons 'cause ain't nobody time or money for that, but I can't get enough of Halloween and Christmas. I don't know what it is about these holidays, maybe it's because it's the end of the year and I love new beginnings, that gets me so excited to celebrate and just get in the mood.

Inspired by the Halloween spirit, today I'm gonna share of here my spooky TBR. I'm gonna focus on mystery and horror books. I haven't read any of these books, but as I was doing my research (I take reading very seriously..) I looked for books that got high ratings on GoodReads and mostly positive reviews so I'm excited to get read all of them. I choose 8 books and I know that I'll probably not get to all of them by the end of October, but I can always roll them over to the November 'cause the next seasonal TBR only starts in December. 

 

 
Thicker Than Blood by Madeline Sheehan and Claire Riley // I've been wanting to read this book for a long time now, but I was saving it for October. It has super high ratings on GoodReads and the reviews are mostly positive, which is something hard to come across these days. I'm not completely sure what this is about, but I think it envolves to friends or sister and the apocalypse.

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica // I'm currently reading this and I'm really enjoying it so far. I know want to say too much about it ('cause spoilers), so I'm going to say is that it's a about a girl who is kidnaped and when she comes back she's just not the same person.

It by Stephen King // This books is HUGE, seriously huge like over 1000 pages. I've been reading this for a while now, but I think this is going to take months to finish. I'm really enjoying it, though!

Twisted by Andrew Kaufman // Mental hospital, creepy doctor and crazy patients. This is all I know and all I need to know to want to read this book.

The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon // Old and haunted hotel, three sisters, one dies. This is all I know. I don't really like reading about haunter hotels because I travel a lot and it just freaks me out, but I'm getting over my fears and I'm doing this! 

The Ice Twins by S. K. Tremayne // I think this is going to be the scariest one. It's about a dead twin, and I'm sorry if you're a twin, but twins always freak me out in scary movies. Twins and old people. I think it's because we don't expect them to be the bad guys so they always get me.  

The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket // This is the 12th book in the Series of Unfortunate Events and I'm ready finish this series. I feel like I've reading these books my whole life and I want to know how it all ends.

Rolling in the Deep by Mira Grant // The only thing I know about this one is that it's about mermaids. And not the cute Ariel-type mermain, the creepy ones that get you and bring you to their scary down world. The reviews seem promising and I'm excited to read something about mermaids.


These are all the books in my October TBR. I seriously got the chills while writing this post. If you plan on reading any of these books let me know on the comments so we can buddy read and talk about them when we're done. All these books are pretty scary and I'm easily scared so I think it's going to take a long time to get through these books, but I'm excited! I hope you guys enjoyed the post and let me know any thoughts, recommendations and opinions you might have!

Are you a seasonal reader?
What books are on your October TBR?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you really soon!








PS: I just hit a 1000 followers on Twitter and I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I know the majority of people who follow my account come from the blog, so THANK YOU again. I know it may sound silly to some people, but it makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment