pages

October 1, 2016

Monthly Empties // September, 2016.


So, there's a little plot twist in today's empties. I've started watching documentaries and informing myself more on the importance of supporting and buying from companies that are cruelty-free and that don't test on animals. As I was writing this post and taking the pictures I realized that all the brands I'm mentioning here (with the exception of one) test on animals and this just broke my heart a little. All these companies make products that I love, but from now on I'm making a change. I can't keep indirectly supporting and giving these companies my money.

Having said that, I don't think throwing away the product that I have from these brands is the answer. By doing that, I would be loosing money and producing more waste. So, I decided to still use them up, but not repurchase them. And every time I mention products from these brands I'll mention that fact that they're not cruelty-free. This way, I can inform more people, and I feel is the best way to deal with it.

If you're interesting in learning about this topic and which brands test on animals so you can be a more conscious buyer, you can check out PETA's website. They also offer pdf list of companies that do test on animals and companies that don't. I suggest downloading these lists on your phone, that way you check out the brands when you're out shopping. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing any of the products mentioned in this video, not because I didn't like them, but because they go against what I stand for. I hope you guys understand, and I'm sorry for this little rant.

On to the products!

Dove Beauty Bar // These are my favorite, but now I need go find a substitute. I used this in the shower and to wash my face in the morning. I love that it doesn't strip your skin, but it's still great for removing makeup. I also really like this  scent and how my skin feels super moisturized after using it.

Avon Advanced Techniques Hidra Balance Oil // This was ok. I didn't see a tremendous change in my hair or anything, but I think it helped a little. Ever since I went a blonder on the tips, my hair has been crazy dry, and I've been using so many hair oils that, at the end of the day, I can't tell which ones are working better than the others.
 
Pantene 3 Minute Miracle // These came in a little pack of three and I mentioned the first one in last month's empties. It's says on the packaging to use one entire tube each time, but I just like to mix this up with my regular conditioner for some added moisture. I do think it worked and I saw that my hair looked healthier.  

Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray 4 // I've had this for ages! I'm not the best person to review hairsprays, but this worked for me. I only use hairspray the days when I don't wash my hair, just to give it more volume and definition, which is probably why it took me years to go through this entire bottle. But this one was good, it didn't leave my hair feeling weird and it held my natural curls. I'm gonna try to live without hairspray for the time being and see how things go.

Victoria's Secret So Sexy Wave-enhancing Spray // I've been using this product for a long time now and I really like it. I think this is the second bottle I've gone through. This makes my hair shiny and smooth. My hair is naturally wavy, so this just makes the waves stand out more. I'm actually quite sad that I don't get to use it anymore. I guess I'll just have to find a replacement! 
Plackers // I know this is not really a beauty product, but it kind of is. I wanted to mention it anyway because I loved it and it was so convenient. So, this is basically dental floss in a stick format, which is way more convenient than regular floss. For someone who spend the entire day out, this was a life saver. I would totally repurchase it.


Those are all the products I've used up this month. I think this is the tiniest empties post I've ever done, but I still wanted to share it because I hate accumulating empty products in my bathroom. If you know me at all, you know that I really don't like clutter around me. I'm sorry for the long introduction but this is something that really got me by surprise I wanted to share it with you guys. I had not idea that pretty much every brand I was buying from tests on animals. The important things is that now that I'm aware of it I'm going to try really hard to change this.   

What are some of the products you've finished this month?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...