pages

November 3, 2016

LAST PROJECT PAN OF 2016.


I'm so excited for this post! I love Project Pans and I've been wanting to do another one for a long time. All the products mentioned today are either super old or I don't like them but I still want to get my money's worth. I think I'll keep this project going until the end of December and whatever products I don't finish I'll just throw them out. I don't want to start the new year with products I don't love so I feel like decluterring the rest is the way to go. I've been trying really hard to become more of a minimalist and having stuff that I don't love or that I'm not excited about using just because doesn't make me happy anymore.

As for updates, I think I'll do one in the beginning of December and that's it - I don't think there need for more. As I finish the products, I'll be posting on Twitter and Instagram so if you want to keep up you can follow me over there.  I know it's a little late in the year for starting, but this was the only time I had to go through my makeup collection again and see what I didn't want anymore. Anyway, if you're also doing something like this let me know on the comments so we can motivate each other. Now, let's get to the products!

Yves Rocher Lipstick | I have no idea in what shade this is in, all I know is that this is their regular lipstick line. I overall like this, it's very moisturizing and I remember it was fairly inexpensive, but this shade just doesn't work with skin tone - that's why I've had this around for ages. Right now, I've just been using it around the house like a lip balm 'cause this shade also doesn't work for layering other shades - it's just the worst shade in the world and I don't know why I thought this was something I needed in my life. Anyway, I think this is going to be the first one to go.

Random Local Boutique Lipstick | I have no idea where this came from, it randomly appeared in my collection and I want it out. I want to make room for new products that I love more and I'm definitely going to stop buying random makeup products.

E.l.f Eyebrow Kit | I love this product. Right now I only have the powder, but it does come with a dark wax, which is my favorite. I honestly just want to use it up so I can buy a new one.

Avon Pencil Eyeliner in Brown | This is so close to being done. I like wearing brown eyeliner, but it's not something I wear very often so my eyeliners tend to last me for a long time. This one is ok, it's not the best one out there but it does the job.

Random Avon Lipstick | I can't, for the life of me, find out what kind of lipstick this is. It doesn't say in the packaging and I didn't find it on the website. Maybe this was discontinued - another reason for me to use it up now. From what I remember, this ok. It's kind of like a mauve/pink shade, which I like, but the it didn't last a very long time on the lips.

Avon Ideal Face Concealer in Light Bege | I like this formula of concealer, but I got the wrong shade and forgot to return so now I'm stuck with it. But, I think I can use this for highlighting or as an eye primer. This needs to go, I think I've had this in my collection for 3 years.

Kiko Pencil Lip Gloss in 12 | Love Kiko's products, love this concept, love this shade. It claims to be a lip gloss, but I this is more of a glossy lipstick. It's very opaque, I love the formula, it's super comfortable on the lips. Overall, it's a great product, it's just getting old and I want to use it up before it goes bad.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink | At first, I like this product. But, now I'm just sick of it. IT DOES NOT END. I've using it for ages and it's still going strong. This needs to go and if I don't finish it up this year I'll be throwing this away.  

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Cherry Bomb | Oldest lip gloss I have. I'm not even sure this is safe to put on the lips, but it's smells the same and the formula hasn't changed so I'll just power through this one and if I'm not done by the end of the year it's going in the trash.  

Bath and Body Works Fragrance Mist in Carried Away | I'm usually a big fan of these fragrance mists, but I think I got a dud. This has almost zero staying power and I had to reapply it several times throughout the day. I've never had this problem BBW fragrances, but this one does not work. I really enjoy the scent, though.

Bath and Body Works PocketBac in Crisp Golden Pear | I used to be obsessed with these back in the day, but now I just don't see the appeal anymore. The scent is too strong, to the point of giving a mild headache, and it lasts for days in your hands. Like, I don't want to smell the scent of my hand sanitizer for days on hands.. That can't be healthy.  So, I'm slowly working my way through the collection and I don't think I'll repurchasing it.


I know this is ambitious, but I really don't want to start a new year with this product in my collection. I know I could just throw them out or give them to someone, but I spent money on these products and I want to get something out of them. And also, most of them are already almost completely done, I just have to power through. I'm also not going to repurchase most of them 'cause they are not cruelty-free or 'cause their animal testing policy is not really clear. Wish me luck, guys! I need it.

Have you ever done a Project Pan?

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment