pages

November 28, 2016

Monthly Empties + Mini Reviews | November, 2016.

I'm super excited for today's empties. I don't know how, but I managed to finish up 12 products this month(and two of them were makeup products). The makeup products were two lipsticks from my current project pan and I'm so happy to see them go. Aside from that, we still have some haircare, skincare and some vitamins. As the end of the year approaches, I've been very conscious about using up products that are old or that are not my favorites, just so I can start 2017 with only the products that I really enjoy using. I still have some products that are on their last leg, so expect a even bigger empties post next month. But enough said, here are the products!

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_bioderma_pantene_colgate_herbal_essences_blogger_brazil_granado_cruelty_free_animal_testing_coconut_oil
Herbal Essences Hydralicious & Silky Boost Swirls Shampoo // This shampoo was weird. I really liked it at first, it smelled nice and it left my hair feeling very soft and smooth. But, as I was using it more and more I started to see little white "thingys" in my hair which is not something I usually have. So, I stopped using it for a while, and then when I went back to it the white "thingys" came back again. In the end, I just used the rest to clean my makeup brushes, just so I wouldn't waste product. Needless to say, I would not recommend purchasing this. I do still have the conditioner from the set, and I'm not having any problems with it yet.
Repurchase? No, I didn't like it and Herbal Essences is NOT cruelty-free.


Pantene Pro-V Color Revival Radiant Conditioner // This was ok. I used to be a big fan of the Pantene Pro-V line, but this one wasn't my favorite - I think I liked the smooth and silky more. It wasn't bad, but I didn't feel like it did anything special to my hair. It was just a regular conditioner that I wanted to use up before buying better ones.
Repurchase? No, I have drugstore conditioners that are better and Pantene is NOT cruelty-free.


Bioderma Solution Micellaire // This is my last Bioderma bottle, and it's a little bittersweet. I love Bioderma and this is my favorite product for taking off makeup, but the Bioderma brand is not cruealty-free from what I found on the internet so I won't be able to get it anymore. This just sucks... WHY test on animals? Anyway, I'm on the hunt for a cruelty-free micellar water, so if you have any recommendations please let me know. I know e.l.f just came out with one, so I think I'll try that one next.
Repurchase? No, just because Bioderma is NOT cruelty-free.  

Colgate Plax in Fresh Mint Splash // I don't even know how to review mouthwash, but this one was good. It didn't leave my mouth feeling weird and it wasn't very harsh. I liked the scent and the taste. But, I'm pretty sure you can make your own mouthwash, so I think I'm gonna try to do that next. I still need to do some research on it, so I'll keep you guys posted.
Repurchase? No, Colgate is not cruelty-free.


letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_bioderma_pantene_colgate_herbal_essences_blogger_brazil_granado_cruelty_free_animal_testing_coconut_oil_dove_equate_vitamin_soap_green_zero_waste
Equate One Daily Women's Health Multivitamin Supplement // I know that taking vitamins is a very controversial topic. Some people say it's good for nothing, some say it helps you out. I don't know if it was the placebo effect, but I think these really helped me. I don't take one everyday, only when I felt like I was getting sick or on days when I knew I didn't eat very healthy. I liked them.
Repurchase? Yes. 


Granado Glycerin Soap in Brazilian Nut (Castanha do Brasil) // These soaps have replaced my Dove Beauty Bars and I'm so happy I found them. I mainly switched to these because Dove wasn't cruelty-free, and these are amazing. They're 100% vegetal base and have really good ingredients. Granado is a Brazilian brand so I don't know where you can find these outside of Brazil. You can check the website here and see if they ship to where you live. I have seen these soaps in some duty-free shops whenever I travel, though. If you can find them, I highly recommend it.
Repurchase? Yes!

Granado Glycerin Soap in Hamamélis // Same soap, different scent. Love it.

Dove Original  Beauty Bar // If you've been following me for a while you know how much I loved this soap and how sad I was when I discovered Dove was not cruelty-free. It just sucks, but I'm happy I found a better and more natural replacement. Now, I'm just using up the ones I still have left just so I won't produce anymore waste.
Repurchase? No, Dove is NOT cruelty-free.
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_bioderma_pantene_colgate_herbal_essences_blogger_brazil_granado_cruelty_free_animal_testing_coconut_oil_makeup_remover_lipstick_yves_rocher_pinky_nude_nudes_seda_hair_oil_quemdisseberenice_blogger_project_pan
Coconut Oil // Now I'm one of those people who is obsessed with coconut oil. Coconut oil really is amazing and I use it for everything: taking off makeup, face moisturizer, body moisturizer, cooking... The choices are endless. I decided to get me some after watching this video and I'm a changed woman. I highly recommend trying it out for yourself and see if it works with your skin. Just don't make the rookie mistake I made, get the jar container, I got this little tiny bottle and I had to melt the oil and pour it in another glass container I had.
Repurchase? Yes!  


Seda Climate Resist Serum // I had this for years and I don't think they make this anymore. I just wanted to use it up because it was old. It was ok, I didn't see much difference in my hair, probably because I was mixing it in with another oil I'm still trying to use up.   
Repurchase? No.

Local Boutique Pinky Lipstick // Yes, I did it! I already finished up two products from my current project pan, and I could not be happier. This was the most challenging one, it was the one with the most product, but I used this every single day multiple times a day - as lipstick and as a blush sometimes. This was a good shade, but the staying power sucked. I'm sad I don't remember from where this is, but I'm glad it's over. As you can see in the picture, I even went in the tube to get the last bits out 'cause there was so much product in there still that I felt bad just throwing it away.
Repurchase? Couldn't even if I wanted to.  

Yves Rocher Lipstick in La Gacilly // Another one from my project pan. This one had very little product in it, but when I went in the tube to get the last bits out there was still almost another half lipstick in there - so much product. This was a nude-peach color, super pretty and very moisturizing, but it had zero staying-power. It felt almost like a lip balm.
Repurchase? No, I didn't like the product and Yves Rocher is NOT cruelty-free.


Those are the products I've finished up this month. I hope you guys enjoyed this post and the mini reviews, I tried to make them as helpful as I could. If you still have any questions about the products, let me know on the comments and I'll be happy to help. I'm really happy with the amount of products I finished up and hopefully next month will be even better.

What are some of the products you finished up this month?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon!


letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_bioderma_pantene_colgate_herbal_essences_blogger_brazil_granado_cruelty_free_animal_testing_coconut_oil




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...