pages

November 21, 2016

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?

Heeeeello, everyone!

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (@mimismattos) you probably already know that I'll be traveling this week, and that means that we're back with the traveling posts. Whenever I travel I think to myself "you know what? I'm gonna do a traveling makeup bag post this time" and then I end up packing the same day I'm leaving and I never get around to it. But, this time things are going to be different. For the first time in my life I'm not packing like a crazy person and today I have some time to get this post up for you guys!

When I'm traveling, I like to have with all my favorite products. Products I know that work well with my skin and that also photograph well. I know I'll be taking a lot of pictures and I want to look my best. It's also important to me that my makeup lasts all day because I usually leave the hotel in the morning and only come back at night to sleep, with the exception of lip products, I don't like carrying any kind of touchups. I'm only bringing 14 products with me, but I do plan on doing some shopping while I'm there. Anyway, here are the products!
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_travel_makeup_bag_kiko_elf_brows_lipstick_essence_lip_gloss_pencil_mascara_nivea_eyeshadow_blush_maybelline_elf_milani_teddy_bear_eye_pencil_avon_cruelty_free
Bath & Body Works Fragrance Mist in Carried Away // I usually bring fragrance mists with me when I'm traveling because the packaging is lighter than a heavy glass bottle and also because it's plastic and there's no possibility of it breaking in my suitcase. I like this scent, it's not overpowering and it lasts a decent amount. Another reason I'm bringing this is that it's in my project pan and I really want to use this one up.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand Sable // I love this concealer, it doesn't crease under the eye and it lasts a very long time on the skin. It doesn't give you that white cast in pictures and te color is perfect for me. Overall, this is a great product. My only problem with it is that it's not cruelty-free, so I'm trying to use this one up to get it out of my collection.
ps: Maybelline is NOT cruelty-free.

Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black // This is my favorite back eye pencil. I love it. I have zero complains about it, highly recommend trying this out.

Kiko Color-Up Long Lasting Eyeshadow in 08 // I'm mostly bringing this to use as an eyeshadow base/primer. I really the consistency of it and the color. It's super pretty and it works very well underneath makeup. I really like Kiko products and I'm already planning on buying a few more on this trip - we don't have a Kiko store here where I live.  

Essence Get Big Lashes Mascara in Black // The one and only mascara I own and I love it. I don't have anything else to say about it. Essence makes great mascaras.

MAC Studio Fix in NC40 // This is my favorite powder foundation, and as you can see is the only one I'm bringing. I love this product, it gives me the right amount of coverage, it doesn't make oily throughout the day and it's cakey at all. It's a little pricey tough, but it's works so well on my skin. My only problem is the fact that MAC is not cruelty-free so I'll have to find a replacement for it when I'm done with my backups.
ps: MAC is NOT cruelty-free.

MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ // I don't know about you guys, but since I use so many powders on my face, I need a setting spray. This is the only I have so it's the one I'm bringing, but I don't think it that amazing. You can definitely find cheaper/cruelty-free alternatives at the drugstore, which is what I plan on doing.   
ps: MAC is NOT cruelty-free.

elf Eyebrow kit in Medium // I love elf products. This is the perfect shade for eyebrows and I love it. It comes with a colored wax and a powder. The powder is super multifunctional and I even use it as a crease shade. I love this product, it works perfectly on my brows and it's super inexpensive.

Kiko Eyeshadow Palette in Addictive Song // I decided to go with just this palette because when I'm traveling I can't be bothered with eye makeup. I usually just go with a light shade all over the lid and some eyeliner with a bold lip. I feel like bold lips look really good in pictures and that's just what I like to wear usually, so this tiny palette will do.  

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink // This blush does not end. There's some kind of spell in it and whenever I'm not looking at it refills itself. Seriously. This is in my project pan and since I don't really care about blushes, I decided to bring this one so I can keep working on it. It's a good blush.
ps: Maybelline is NOT cruelty-free.

Essence Lipstick in Natural Beauty // I know I said I liked bold lips, but I decided to bring this light pink shade just in case I feel like doing something different. I really like this shade and this formula.

Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Teddy Bear // This is my favorite shade of lipstick, it's a matte browny-nude and I loooove it. It's looks great in pictures, it lasts a long time on the lips and it's super comfortable. I want this lipstick in every shade.  

Kiko Pencil Lip Gloss in 12 // Another one from my project pan. I really like this shade and this formula. For a lip gloss, it lasts a very long time on the lips and it's super comfortable. It's also super easy to reapply. It's basically the perfect lippie to take when you're traveling.

Avon Clear Mascara // This looks super brown because I crushed some brow powder and mixed it in with the mascara to make a brow gel. And as it turns out, it works amazing on my brows. I only did it because I really wanted to finish this product, but I'm really happy with the result.
ps: Avon is NOT cruelty-free.


These are the products I'm bringing with me. As you can see, I still have a lot of non cruelty-free makeup that I'm trying to use up. I try to be as honest and as informative as I can when it comes to this topic. This is all I'm bringing makeup wise, but I do plan on doing a little bit of shopping while I'm there so please leave me any recommendations you might have. I'm definitely checking out Sephora, Ulta and some drugstores. I love chatting with you!

What's on your travel makeup bag?
Do you have any product recommendations for me to try?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_travel_makeup_bag_kiko_elf_brows_lipstick_essence_lip_gloss_pencil_mascara_nivea_eyeshadow_blush_maybelline_elf_milani_teddy_bear_eye_pencil_avon_cruelty_free_mac_studio_fix_powder_fix_plus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...