pages

December 20, 2016

Christmas Movie Marathon.

I feel like when it comes to Christmas movies most people usually focus on the old-school ones. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I love me some Home Alone and A Christmas Story (which actually come out in 1983) during the Holiday Season. But, when it comes to Christmas movies that's one of the few categories in life where the new ones get a little overlooked. So, today I thought it would be cool to share with you guys some of my favorite ones, and the best part is: most of them are available on Netflix! You can totally take a break from all the shopping and cooking, and just take back for a little bit with one of these amazing movies (and maybe some wine).
Love Actually // I had to mention this one. This is by far my favorite movie on this list, and I really like all of them so that's saying something. I'm not going to talk about it because I feel like everyone and their mother already watched it. This is just an honorary mention. If you haven't watched this one yet, I suggest you go do it. Right now. 

Christmas With The Kranks // This movie is just too funny. The Kranks decided that they're skipping Christmas this year and going on a cruise. They decided to not spend money and time on all the Christmas festivities since their daughter is not even coming home. But, plot twist! She decides to go home last minute and they have to pull out Christmas in a matter of hours. Tim Allen is in pretty much every Christmas movie ever made and Jamie Lee Curtis is just one of the funniest ladies that ever existed. This is one of those movies that always puts me a good mood, and me and my sister watch it every year. 

The Holiday // If I'm being honest, I didn't even like this movie the first time I watched. It's one of those who grows on you and I would recommend it for older audiences since you won't really get the essence of it if you're a teenager. Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet met online in a "house swap" (is that what this is called?) kind of website. They both need a break from their current life. One lives is California, the other in the UK (or is it Scotland?). This is all about finding yourself and what really makes you happy. Dealing with work, relationships and all that adult stuff. It's full of life lessons and it's unexpectedly funny at times.  

The Family Stone // This movie is too good (and too funny), and I feel like not a lot of people talk about it. Sarah J. Parker is a total boss-lady-business-woman and she goes spend Christmas in her new boyfriend's house. This movie is about accepting people's difference and going through things as a family. I love it.

Just Friends // Anna Faris is my favorite thing about this movie. It's funny, there's romance, best friends reconnecting and all that good stuff. From this list, this is my least favorite, but it's still really good. 


I hope you're all enjoying the Holiday Season as much as I am. I've been doing a lot of shopping, relaxing, netflixing, reading and going to the pool (it's summer here), but mostly reading by the pool. Let me know on the comments if you have more movies to add to the list. Me and my sister will really appreciate all your recommendations (specially if they're on Netflix) because we NEED some Christmas movies to watch. We usually marathon watch a bunch of them on the 23rd while making cookies. 

What's your favorite Christmas movie?
Do you have any traditions?

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you're having a wonderful day!

FIND ME ON THE INTERNET!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...