pages

December 26, 2016

Monthly Empties | December, 2016.

I cannot believe I'm currently writing the last empties post of 2016. I think I'm going to go back and count how many products I was able to finish up this year, but that's a subject for another post. Since this is the last one, I tried tend the year with a bang and I feel like I did a pretty good job finishing up products. I managed to finish 19 products and I'm really proud of myself. I'm finally seeing some progress in my counters and makeup drawers. They're not filled to the brim anymore and the amount of products I dislike or that I would like to get out of my collection is getting smaller each month.

I finished a lot of samples and freebies, as well as another project pan item. This project pan is FINALLY coming to an end soon (the 1st of January), but I'm excited to see some more progress and hopefully some more items getting out of my collection. All in all, it's been a good year when it comes to empties, I really focused on not buying more products and using up what I already have and I'm very pleased with the result. Let's start with the makeup!
etmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_clinique_take_the_day_off_makeup_remover_fitme_foundation_maybelline_cruelty-free_impala_esmalte_nail_polish_blue_light_valentino_valentina_perfume_zara_blackberry_day_foundation
Maybelline Fitme Foundation in 235 // I remember liking this foundation when I got it, but I feel like it went a little bad towards the end, but I still managed to use it up. This lasted me a couple of years actually, probably because I don't wear liquid foundation very often. I'm more of a powder foundation kind of girl. My main problem with this was the finish it gave on the skin, it's extremely dewy (borderline oily in my opinion) and I feel like it oxidizes throughout the day. I'm not really sure. All I know is that, the color changed throughout the day and I really did not care for that. In order to use it up I mixed it in with a CC Cream I have that it's shade lighter.
Repurchase? Never! Not the best drugstore foundation out there and Maybelline is NOT cruelty-free.

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover // Another one I didn't really like. I've finished one of these samples before, and I wasn't impressed than and I'm not impressed now. I think Micellar waters do a better job at removing makeup and they're waaaay cheaper. This little bottle is also not very good, the product leaked everywhere when I took it on a trip and it really pissed me off. 
Repurchase? No! Clinique is NOT cruelty-free and this makeup remover is not very good.

Zara A Blackberry Day Eau de Toilette // I loooooove this scent. I got this years ago and I haven't found it in stores ever since. This smells exactly like blackberries and I want to smell like that everyday. The only bad thing about this is that it came in a roller ball and I'm not a big fan of roller balls, but I just poured it in another container and everything worked out. I love this. I will look for it on Amazon and see if I can still get it somehow.
Repurchase? Hopefully, yes! Not sure if Zara's perfumes are cruelty-free.

Valentino Acqua Floreale Valentina // I also looooooooved this scent. I have no idea how to describe it, but it's the perfect scent for me - I know that doesn't really help you, but try it out next time you're at Sephora. Once I'm done with all of my perfumes and fragrances I'll definitely try to get this one.
Repurchase? Yes! 

Impala Nail Polish in Marina // This dried out on me, but I used most of the product anyway so I'm not that sad. This formula wasn't my favorite, but it did last a long enough time on the nails. I really liked the color too. 
Repurchase? No. Not my favorite formula and I don't think this brand is cruelty-free.  
etmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_hotel_body_lotion_nivea_cream_cowshed_pillow_mist_indie_products_relaxing_bristol_restaurant
Assortment of Hotel lotions // I feel kind of silly reviewing hotel lotions, but I still wanted to featured them here because, well, I finished them. I've had these for years in the back of my drawers taking up space, so got them all out and put them in my bedside table to make sure I used them. I still have a couple of them left. I usually just apply them on my feet and hands because I don't think they have the best ingredients for you to just cover up your entire body. I could just throw them out, but that would be a waste of product because they're not the best quality but they still work. And I hate producing more waste than I absolutely have too. Needless to say, I won't be taking them from hotels anymore.  

Nivea Cream // I've had this for two years I think, and I'm so glad it's finally gone. This is not my favorite moisturizing lotion. It was too thick and I felt like my skin didn't absorb it well. It was really moisturizing, but nothing extra special. 
Repurchase? No. Nivea is not cruelty-free.  

Cowshed Sleepy Cow Relaxing Pillow Mist // I think my dad got this freebie in a airplane. I'm not really sure, but it ended up in my bathroom drawer and I wanted to use it up. You're supposed to spray this on your pillow to help you relax and sleep better. I'm not sure if it worked or not, but it did smell good. It was nice to use while I had it, but I wouldn't spend my money on it. 
etmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_nivea_deodorant_dove_baby_wipes_tresemme_perfectly_undone_sea_salt_spray_glycerin_glicerina_sabonete_london_england_united_kingdom
Nivea Stress Protect Deodorant // I hated this deodorant. A friend of mine actually got this for me because I asked her to please buy me any deodorant, I guess that was my fault. But, this was bad. I didn't like the scent, the formula or even the packaging. I felt like this didn't do anything for me other than have a strong scent. 
Repurchase? No. Nivea is not cruelty-free. 

TRESemm√© Perfectly (Un)Done Sea Salt Spray // My hair is naturally wavy so I didn't feel like this did anything special for me. I would apply this after I washed my hair, and now that I don't have it I don't see any different whatsoever. I think I just stay away from these kinds of sprays from now on. 
Repurchase? No. And also, TRESemm√© is not cruelty-free. 

Glycerin Soap // I've been trying out all kinds of natural soaps to see which one I like best and it's not this one. It doesn't say the brand name on the packaging. This made skin feel dry and itchy. 
Repurchase? No. 

Dove Baby Wipes // I've been trying to go through my baby wipes, but I just have so many of them on my back stock. These were ok, they did their job but there was nothing special about it. And from what I remember these were not very cheap either. I used these for taking off makeup on lazy days (I had to soak this with my micellar water first) and wiping my counters. 
Repurchase? No. Dove is not cruelty-free. 
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_dove_beauty_bar_cruelty_free_bath_and_body_works_carried_away_veet_wax_streeps_easy_grip_fragrance_mist_clean_and_clear_soap_blackhead
Veet Easy Grip Wax Streep // I'm a big fan of these. I usually used them on my upper lip (mustache area) and forehead (above my eyebrows). I really like them. It's fast and easy and this is way cheaper than going to the beauty salon. It still hurts, but it's better (and faster) than going in with a tweezer. 
Repurchase? Yes. I'm not sure if Veet is cruelty-free. 

Clean&Clear Blackhead Clearing Bar Soap // I'm not a big fan of face washes or any kind of special soaps, but I've had this in my drawer for almost an year now and it was about time I used it up. This doesn't do anything special for my skin and I haven't noticed a difference when it comes to blackheads. I'm not a big fan of the scent either. 
Repurchase? No. Clean&Clear is not cruelty-free.

Dove Original Beauty Bar // I think this is the last one I have left. You guys know how I feel about this. And if you don't, just check out this empties post. 
Repurchase? No. Dove is not cruelty-free, unfortunately.  

Bath & Body Works Fragrance Mist in Carried Away // This is the item from my project pan I was talking about. I don't know why, but it takes me several months to go through these mini bottles. I sprayed this everyday, multiple time a day, and it still took me ages to finish this up. This is not my favorite BBW scent, and I felt like this one didn't last as long as the other ones on the skin. 
Repurchase? No. There's a lot of mixed information online, but it says on the packaging that BBW is cruelty-free. I still wouldn't repurchase this scent in particular.  


This is everything I was able to finish up this month! I'm happy with the result and now I just have to focus on my project pan items - the finale is probably going up at the beginning of January because I'm going to need these last few days of 2016 to finish those products. I'm planning on doing some more project pans in 2017, but we'll see how things go.   

Did you finish up anything this month?
What are your goals for next year?

Thanks so much for watching and have a great day!


letmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_veet_waxing_streep_dove_bath_and_body_works_signature_carried_away_perfume_water_red_christmas_time_decor_cookies_clean_and_clear_blackhead_skin_care_routine
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...