pages

January 11, 2017

Links I'm Loving | January, 2017.

Guys, it's the second week of the year and it's still weird to write 2017 on the post title. Where's the time going? When did I get so old? I'm becoming an adult and I'm not ready for that. Anyway, I feel like I haven't done a Links I'm Loving in a while (see the last one here) so we have a lot to catch up on. I might even do two this month, I'm not really sure yet. I'm trying to make January a month dedicated entirely to setting goals and resolutions, and learning new/better ways to stick to them and to just make a plan to kill it in 2017. 

I always start the year super pumped and excited and then, as the weeks go by, I just forget all about my resolutions and go with the motions throughout the year. I always try to do my best, but if you don't have an end goal or if you don't focus on it (or even forget it like me), chances are you're just going to take what life throws at you and try to stay alive. But no sir! 2017 is going to be different! We're going to do things, great things! Or we'll at least try to.. Having said all of that, I chose for today a couple of links that might help us out this year. You're definitely going to see a pattern here. These links are all about #goals, achieving them, remembering them and getting shit done!

If you're having troubles setting goals/resolutions or sticking to them, this is the channel to go to. Michelle has the best advice when it comes to this topic and she just seems like such a good person. I love her channel and she has a very calming presence and voice. I know it's weird to say that, but check out her channel and you'll see. 

Esquire | 25 Best Books of 2016.
I've been trying to branch out more with my reading. I've been focus only in YA and Romance for too long now, and I want to change that. Since I get most of my recommendations from YouTube, I've decided to explore different places to see what people that have different reading taste from mine are reading, and I came across this list. I highly recommend doing something like this if you feel like you're stuck in a rut with your reading. From this list, I'm very intrigued by Homegoing and The Queen of the Night.

Haley Cairo | Achieving your 2017 goals.
This video was really different from what I was expecting. Like I said before, I'm really set on making 2017 a great year because 2016 just sucked for me. So, I did a lot of internet research (because I'm millennial and that's what we do) and I found this video. I thought it was going  feature the same silly tips youtubers always talk about, but Haley had some really good insight on this topic. And after that video, I started watching others and I really liked her channel. She focuses mostly on lifestyle, working out, some study hacks and all that good stuff. 

GoodReads | Our Shared Shelf
As I was trying to find different places for book recommendations, I also decided to check out Emma Watson's book club on Goodreads. I didn't know this before, but apparently it's a feminist book club where they read and talk about book that evolve feminism and the empowerment of woman. I loved it, I just purchased on my Kindle some of the books they read last year and the book they're currently reading, The Vagina Monologues. I truly recommend checking it out, I feel like everyone could learn more about feminism and what some of badass ladies out there are doing or have been doing to help us out in this department.

ChooseVEG | Vegetarian Meal Plan.
If you've been following me on Twitter you probably already know this, but this year I'm trying to become a vegetarian. I opted for a vegetarian lifestyle because I really wanted to stop contributing to the meat industry and also because I can't commit to being completely vegan. I like cheese too much and, honestly, it's just too much work. I eat out a lot and I travel frequently so being vegan just wouldn't work for me. I know these are not excuse, and maybe one day I'll be able to be vegan, but for now I'm fine with being vegetarian. As I was doing research and trying to find alternatives to meat, I came across this website and it really helped. They have meal plans, tips for dining out and all that good stuff. If you have other resources to suggest, please leave them in the comments.. I could really use some help.


These are some of the links I've been loving this week. Hopefully, this was helpful to some of you and maybe you got some good tips to get you started on your resolutions. I've never been this excited for a year as I am for 2017, I really want to try to make things differently this year and just give my all on the things I'm trying. If you get the chance to check out the links, let me know what you thought about them, I really enjoy chatting with you guys! I'm still debating wether or not to share my personal resolutions and goals, so if that's really something you'd be interested in seeing let me know on the comments. 


Do you have any links to share?
And yes, you can leave your blog link! :)


Let's hang some more!


letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_twitter_get_followers_personal_development_life_goals_travel_more_resolutions_2016_2017_new_year_achieve_your_goals_better_year_youtube_blogging_youtuber_youtubers_grow_links_I_love_linksimloving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...