pages

January 26, 2017

Monthly Empties | January, 2017.

First empties of 2017! I actually finished quite a lot of products this month, way more than what I was expecting. I've also realized a couple things: it takes me more than 4 months to finish a regular bottle of shampoo (yes, that long!), I go through bar soaps like crazy and I really hate stick concealers. It took me 24 years to realize these things and I'm as shocked as you are. For the amount of shampoos and conditioners I have in my back stock, you might think I go through a bottle a month. This whole Minimalism thing I've been trying out has really helped me to pay more attention to my habits and figure out exactly how much product I need. I knew I was buying too much, but I never thought I would need more than a year (in the rate I'm going I might need even more) to use up all the shampoos I own - and that's if I don't buy anymore. So, basically I have enough shampoo for the years to come. That's it, I'm officially a hoarder!

Anyway, today we're not talking about my hoarding tendencies (because apparently I have them now). We're taking about empties! This month I finished a lot of hair products, a couple of makeup items and a lot of soap. I'm gonna try to make this as informing and helpful as I can. Let's get to the products!
Granado Glycerin Soap in Lavender // This was pretty good, but not as good as my new favorite soap. These soaps are 100% vegetal base and love that about it. The scent was really nice, it wasn't drying but it wasn't very moisturizing either. It's ok, and I would repurchase it. 

Granado Phebo Soap in Spring Flowers // Not a big fan of this one. It was little drying and I didn't feel like it foamed in the shower. The scent was nice, but I won't repurchase this one. 

Granado Phebo Creamy Soap in Turkish Fig // This is my next favorite soap. Ever since I started to transition to cruelty-free products, the one thing that really bothered me was my Dove Beauty. I loved it, it was super moisturizing and I couldn't find anything like it to replace. And now, I found this and this is even better. The scent is amazing, it's creamy, it leaves a nice moisturizing feeling on the skin AND it's cruelty-free! I don't think I've ever been this excited about soap in my life, and the names are all exotic and fun. Highly recommend this. Granado is a Brazilian brand, but you can easily find it on Amazon and other websites. 

Rexona Active Emotion Deodorant // I have a love and hate relationship with aerosol deodorants. I love the fact that it keeps me dry and smelling nice throughout the day, but I have the fact that it's so wasteful and so bad for the environment. This one in particular is not cruelty-free so I won't repurchase it, but I think I'll stay away from aerosol deodorants from now on. And if you know of a brand that sells aluminum-free deodorants, please let me know on the comments, I'm really struggling to find a more natural alternative. 

Fresh Sugar Face Polish // This was just a small sample so I can't really attest to the quality, but it was nice to use while I had it. I think it did an ok job exfoliating and I like the fact that it left kind of oily finish to the skin which was very moisturizing. I just don't see the point in spending money on things like this, I don't see much of a difference on my skin to justify buying the full product. And also, they're not cruelty-free and super expensive. 
L'Oréal Extraordinary Oil // I really like this oil. I used it after washing my hair and I really saw a difference. It made my hair more shiny and overall healthier. I really like the scent too and the fact that it's reasonably priced, hair oils can me ridiculously expensive. The only reason I won't repurchase it is because L'Oréal's animal testing policy is still very shady and confusing. A lot of websites I trust don't trust L'Oréal in that department, so I think I'll just wait a little more to see how things unfold. I have other cruelty-free alternatives that I love so that's not a big deal for me.  

L'Oréal Excellence Creme // This is the little leave-in conditioner that usually comes with hair dyes. My mom has been dying her hair for ages now, so she has built a pretty big back stock of these little things. She was going to throw some of them out, so I took a couple and I've been slowing going through them. Surprisingly, I really liked it. It was super moisturizing, it smelled nice and it's very compact for traveling. I just add a small amount to my regular conditioner and use it in the shower. If you know someone that dyes their hair and doesn't use these, I would highly recommend asking for it. I think you can't buy this separately, though. 

Éh Shampoo for Dry Hair with Macadamia Oil // This shampoo smells AMAZING. I want a perfume and body lotion with this scent, seriously. Super hydrating, it left my hair smelling amazing and super soft. I really liked the bottle too. It was more expensive than regular shampoos, but since it takes me months and months to use up one bottle, it's not a big deal to get these. Éh is a Brazilian cruelty-free brand, but if you can find it online I would highly recommend it.

Herbal Essence Hydralicious & Silky Bookst Conditioner // I hated this. I usually really like Herbal Essence, but this particular line sucked - I also hated the shampoo. I didn't really like the scent, I didn't see any difference in my hair and the conditioner was super thick and hard to wash off. Herbal Essence is not cruelty-free also, so I won't be repurchasing it. I still have a couple more bottles to go through, but after that I'm done with Herbal Essence.   
Elf Eyebrow Kit in Medium // I used to really love it, but now I'm not so sure. I just don't think I need brow products like this in general. I've noticed that just a tinted brow gel works for me because my brows are already pretty full and even as is, I don't need that much extra pigment or shaping products. I've also been going for a more natural look lately, so I don't think I'll keep buying these anymore. But if you do need some help in the brow department, I would highly recommend this. It's super cheap, it works great and it lasts a long time. And plus, Elf is cruelty-free which is awesome! 

Risqué Technology Top Coat // Favorite top coat of all time and the only I've been using for a few years now. It's extremely shiny, it makes the nail polish last up to 4 days (you can make it to 5 if you don't do the dishes or adult things) and it's fairly cheap when you compare it to OPI and other brands. I love this, I already have a backup and I'm repurchase it as long as I do my nails. It's cruelty-free. Risqué is also a Brazilian brand, but I'm pretty sure you can easily find it online. 

Avon Ideal Face Stick Concealer in Light Beige // Hated this. Hated this so much, guys! This was a pain to use, it didn't blend on my skin, it look horrible and extremely dry under the eyes and the shade was super off. I don't know how I powered through this, but I did. I used this before and I don't remember it being this bad, maybe I got a bad one or something. I will never ever repurchase this. And also, Avon is not cruelty-free.

These are all of my beauty empties for the month! I'm finally being able to use up some of my non cruelty-free products and replace them with better alternatives. I'm also starting to see a difference in my cabinets, there's way more empty space now and I love it. It's been a very slow journey to Minimalism and switching to only cruelty-free products, but seeing progress like this is really good. Hopefully, this little reviews were helpful to you. If you have any questions or thoughts you'd like to share, let me know on the comments. I love chatting with you guys!

Did you finish a lot of products this month?

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!


letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_empties_beauty_products_makeup_youtuber_youtube_loreal_herbal_essence_cruelty-free_animal_testing_livre_de_crueldade_teste_em_animais_avon_concealer_project_pan_panning_that_palette_dumpster_diving_girl_woman_women_tips_tricks_skinny_thin_hair_oil

No comments:

Post a Comment