pages

January 22, 2017

Monthly TBR | February, 2017.

As you're going to see in the near future on my wrap-up, I've slacked a little when it comes to reading this January and I'm not really sure why. I was extremely busy sure, and I guess reading just wasn't a priority for me this month, but I still think I could have done better. So, in order to change this vibe that I feel like it's slowly going to become a reading slump, I decided to put together my reading TBR list for February and get myself inspired again. I choose some books that I feel like are going to be quick reads (really important when you feel a reading slump coming) and also some books that I've been really intrigued by the premise. 

I decided to pick 5 options, but my ultimate goal is to read only 4 of these. I decided to give myself some much needed wiggle room and decide as the month goes by what I'm in the mood to read at the moment. Hopefully, I'll get to all of them, but I'm not holding my breath on that one! Here are the books I chose for February!
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_tbr_book_bookblogger_books_reviews_booktuber_tag_tobereadpile_every_day_everyday_david_levithan_diverse_gay_lgbqtletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_tbr_book_bookblogger_books_reviews_booktuber_tag_tobereadpile_gloria_steinem_feminism_womens_womans_march_washington_my_life_on_the_road

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_tbr_book_bookblogger_books_reviews_booktuber_tag_tobereadpile_the_last_time_we_say_goodbye_cynthia_hand_author_cover_ya_diverse_young_adult_recommendationsletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_tbr_book_bookblogger_books_reviews_booktuber_tag_tobereadpile_dark_matter_blake_crouch_thriller_mystery_murder_science_geek_geeky_books_cover_author

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_tbr_book_bookblogger_books_reviews_booktuber_tag_tobereadpile_the_nest_cynthia_sweeney_beautiful_cover_author_recommendations_review_YA_romance_mystery_thriller
Every Day - David Levithan // I've been meaning to read a David Levithan book ever since I read You Know Me Well, which he co-wrote with Nina LaCOUR and was one of my favorite reads of 2016. I decided to go with this one this month because a lot of people say they loved it, the reviews are pretty good on GoodReads, the premise sounds like something I  would enjoy and also because I've been wanting to read more diverse books. Actually, now that I'm writing this I'm not really sure if this diverse or not, I have to get back to you on that one on my wrap-up. I don't know much about the story, all I know is that we follow this character that wakes up everyday a different person, but is always in love with the same girl. I'm super intrigued and excited about this one. 

The Nest - Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney // This cover sis gorgeous and a lot of people were raving about it on the internet, these are the reasons why I decided to pick this one up. I'm also excited because I found a copy in my local library and that never happens, every time I look for book there it's already taken or they don't have it. I'm taking it as a sign and I think destiny wants me to read this book. Hopefully, it's as good as people are saying.   

Dark Matter - Blake Crouch // I wanted to get the physical copy for this one 'cause I think my dad would also enjoy it, but apparently it's impossible. So, I got it on my kindle. I already started reading and I'm intrigued. There's a lot happening and the writing is very fast paced. Since I'm only around page 50, I don't know much about it. But, we follow this  scientist? physicist? (I'm not sure), as he goes out for a drink to celebrate his friend's award and he gets kidnapped on the way home.

My Life on the Road - Gloria Steinem // One of my resolutions this year is to read more about the things I'm passionate, and when it comes to feminism I thought Gloria Steinem was the way to go. Given the events that are happening right now all over the world, I think informing yourself (specially if you're a girl, but also if you're a boy too) on this subject is really important. Basically, the world is turning upside and we need to be more politically involved. And to me, being politically active involves learning as much as you can on the issues we're all facing. 

The Last Time We Say Goodbye - Cynthia Hand // I don't know much about this book. It was an impulse buy (something I really need to cut back on), it's YA, I saw good reviews online and it was relatively cheap for an ebook - those are the reasons why I got it. I decided to read it this month because I have a feeling that if I keep pushing it back, I'll never read it. Better to keep the momentum of the impulse buy going and get to it already.  

That's all I have for today's post! I'm really looking for to reading these books, but most of all I just don't want to go on a reading slump. I feel it coming and I'm trying as hard as I can to avoid it. Fingers crossed! I hope you found this post interesting and maybe you got some recommendations to read next. Let me know on the comments what you're planning on reading next month and if you've read any of the books I've mentioned today!

What's on your February TBR?
What are you currently reading?

Thanks so much for reading and have a great day!  

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_tbr_book_bookblogger_books_reviews_booktuber_tag_tobereadpile_

No comments:

Post a Comment