pages

January 6, 2017

New Year's Resolutions | BEAUTY.

Today I wanted to chat with you guys about my Beauty Resolutions for 2017. That might sound a little too extreme for people who don't have a lot of makeup or who just don't care about it that much, but that's not my case. Although, I do want to downsize my makeup collection as much as possible and not have to worry about the products I have or if they're going bad or forgotten. So, as you can imagine, my main goal this is year is to have less. Less stuff in general, but mostly less makeup/beauty products. I was reorganizing my cabinets this morning to kind of taking inventory of everything and I realized that I have waaaay too much (and I don't even have that much when you compare it to other bloggers). Too much of everything, I've been decluterring and donating a lot throughout the year but there's still a lot and it's kind of overwhelming because I know it's going to take more than an entire year to use it all up.

The truth is that I don't wear that much makeup. I wish it was different, I love makeup, I think the products are beautiful and I love creating looks and experimenting with different products, but with the schedule I have and my life in general I just don't wear makeup everyday. I could, but sometimes I just can't be bothered. On weekdays, I wake up at 6:00 and then come home only at night. On most weekends, I'm either at the beach, gym or studying - I occasionally go to bars and stuff, but that's not very often. So, yeah.. that's my life and right now I don't want my makeup products to be something I need to worry about, therefore I'm going to make an effort to just downsize it and not bring anything in. I know I just told you guys the story of my life basically, but if you're still interested, here are my resolutions!

ONE // Complete my Pan That Palette.
If you guys didn't know, I'm attempting my first Pan That Palette this year. Since I only have three bigger palettes (I love all of them and I don't want to see them go), I decided to work on three of my smaller ones - I just picked the oldest ones and I'm hoping for the best. I did an entire post about them, you can check it out here, but I'll update you guys at the end of every month. 

TWO // Finish up these products.
As I was going through my stuff today, I pulled out 9 products that are super old and that I need to use up this year and if I don't I'm just throwing them way (that's how old they are). Some of these products you might recognize from previews Project Pans, but what can I say? I really suck at finishing up products!
letmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_beauty_makeup_project_pan_use_it_up_pan_that_palette_review_resolutions_new_year_cruelty_free_animal_testing_kiko_victorias_secret_body_mist_endless_love_lipgloss_elf_contouring_duo_st_lucia_avon_products_cc_cream_essence_mascara_black_bronzer_blush_concealer_match_rimmel_primer_long_lasting_foundation_face_of_the_day_fotd
Victoria's Secret Refreshing Body Mist in Endless Love.
Kiko Pencil Lip Gloss in  number 12.
Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Cherry Bomb.
Essence Get Big! Lashes Mascara in Black.
Essence Match2Cover Concealer in Soft Beige.
Avon Ideal Flawless Pressed Powder in Neutral.  
Avon Ideal Flawless CC Cream in Light Medium. 
Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer Pro Primer. 
Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo in St. Lucia. 

THREE // NO-BUY.
Like I said in the beginning, I'm not bringing anything else into my collection this year. I don't care if it's on sale or if they're giving it away for free. I'm lucky enough to have all the makeup I could possibly need this year. And if I'm being honest, getting more would just be waste of money. I know I'm going to get urges to shop, but for now everything is working out. I already dodged a couple of after-christmas sales, and I just need to keep reminding myself that I don't need anything. I think I'm going to do updates on this no-buy project, so if that's something you'd be interesting to see, let me know on the comments! 

FOUR // Use more makeup.
I know that's going to sound weird, but I figure that since I have it, I might as well put it to good use, right? I don't use makeup on a day-to-day basis because I'm lazy when it comes to getting ready in the morning. I want to get as much sleep as I can and sometimes like I said before I just can't be bothered, specially when it's hot outside. But, I'm going to make an effort this year. It's ridiculous to have so many products laying around and not use it.  

FIVE // Go completely cruelty-free.
I've already stopped buying products from brands that test on animals, but I'm tired of keeping them around. I don't want to keep mentioning them on empties or reviews, so this year I want to do a clean out - only keep stuff that makes me happy. I'm gonna focus on getting them out of my life so we can focus only on cruelty-free makeup and beauty products. And since I don't like the idea of throwing them out and creating another problem with my waste, I'm going to use them up!


These are my Beauty Resolutions for 2017. I tried to keep things realistic and I'm pretty sure I can accomplish these. I will also be doing some more Project Pans throughout the year incorporating different products, but these are the ones I'll really focus on and that I want to see out of my collection. I don't like the idea of holding on to them until the end of the year, so I'll just mention as I finish them on my monthly empties.  

Did you set any beauty resolutions this year? 
What are they?

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!


Let's hang some more!



letmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_beauty_makeup_project_pan_use_it_up_pan_that_palette_review_resolutions_new_year_cruelty_free_animal_testing_kiko_victorias_secret_body_mist_endless_love_lipgloss_elf_contouring_duo_st_lucia_avon_products_cc_cream



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...