pages

January 9, 2017

New Year's Resolutions | BLOG.

 Heeeello, everyone!

Today is the start of the second week of the year and I hope you're all sticking to your resolutions. Like I said last week, this month is going to be dedicated to New Year's Resolutions. Last year I didn't set out to do anything in particular, and I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but 2016 was not the best year for me (and by that I mean 2016 sucked and I don't ever want to have an year like that). So, I decided to change things up a bit. In 2017, I'm not only setting some (actually, a lot) of resolutions, but I'm also holding myself accountable. But, we can talk more about that later since that's a subject for another post.

As promised, today I'm gonna share with you guys what I want to accomplish with the blog in 2017. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think sharing your resolutions with a lot of people is the best way to go. So, I'm only giving you guys an outline of my goals here. I'm not gonna get caught up on social media numbers, blog views or anything like that. Blogging to me is a hobby and I don't want treat it as a job for now. If in the future my life takes a turn and blogging turns into something more than great, but for right now it's just something I enjoy doing whenever I can. So, keeping that in mind, let's get to my resolutions!


ONE // Post 3 times a week. 
Last week I did a trial run and things worked out really well. I got three posts up and managed to outline a couple more for this week. I think this goal is both attainable and challenging at the same time (something to keep in mind when setting your own goals for this year). With everything I have to do during the week, blogging is not always a priority, but I still want to see Let Me Cross Over grow and interact with you guys and fellow bloggers. This makes me feel happy and accomplished and that's the whole point right. Blogging is one of the few things in my life I did just because I wanted to. Simple as that. I wanted to create a blog and then I did. I think that's really empowering and I want to dedicate as much time as I can to it. 

TWO // Write more about things I'm passionate about.
Just like everyone else, I'm interested in a lot of topics such as minimalism, feminism, reading, writing, makeup, traveling, personal development, learning new languages and the list goes on and on. But sometimes, when I look at my numbers on GoogleAnalytics, writing about this things is a little discouraging since people appear not be as interested in these topics as I am. And I know that's silly of me, I know that this is my blog and that I should write about what I want, but I also want to create content that you guys want to see. I do blog because I enjoy it, but seeing people from all over the world appreciate my work is one of the best things about being a blogger. I think I just need to find a happy medium when it comes to this and this is what I'm going to work on the most in 2017.

THREE // Not care about the numbers.
So hard, but so important. Blogging is not about the numbers, I know that, I just need to keep that in mind throughout this year. But it's hard not to care about the numbers. I know one of the main reasons a lot of people follow others is just to get a follow back and I know these people don't know me and that that's not personal, but it's extremely difficult not to see it as a personal statement about what I post and what I'm doing. What I do want to pay attention to is the kind of people that are reading and following my blog, so if you'd like to introduce yourself and tell me how this year has been treating you so far, I'd love to hear it. 

FOUR // Participate more in the blogging community. 
I suck so bad at this, but I have been trying to change. I don't know why, but sometimes I just feel so awkward when talking to bloggers on twitter or on instagram. I mean.. I want to talk to them, I want to show them that I like their blogs, but the feeling I get is similar to stopping someone in the street and telling them I like their outfit. It's a very nice thing to do, but you don't know how your compliment is going to be perceived. Are people going to think I'm being weird? Am I going to be known as 'that weird blogger'? I know most of this is just me being paranoid, but it's hard to overcome this 'fear'. If you have any tips in this topic, please let me know!

FIVE // Do a collab. 
I've been saying I want to do a collab for years now and I never get around to it. Collabs take time and creativity, things I don't seem to have a lot of these days. I feel like collabing on a post would be a good way to participate more in the blogging community and make more blogger friends because I don't have a lot of those. But, I'm working on that. As soon as I come up with a good idea, I'm gonna go on twitter and see if anyone wants to collab with me. 

These are my Blog Resolutions. I hope you enjoyed this post and that it inspired you to accomplish more with you blog this year. Just like ourselves, our blogs are a work in progress and there's always room to grow and improve. If you feel like chatting, let me know on the comments some of your resolutions and what did you think about mine, I'd love to hear it.

Did you set any blog resolutions?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon. 

Let's hang some more!



letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_new_year_resolutions_setting_goals_2017_collab_community_post_twitter_instagram_travel_books_beauty_love_how_to_have_a_great_good_year_backpack_water_best_tips_tricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...