pages

January 2, 2017

New Year's Resolutions | BOOKS.

Heeeeello, everyone!

Here we are, it's 2017! We survived another year, it's time to do more and to do it better. I'm not a gonna give the whole 'new year, new me' speech, but I believe we can all up our game. 2016 was a shitty year for me and my main life resolution is to just do better. So, I thought it would be cool to do a Resolutions Month here on the blog. This January I'm going to be talking about all the resolutions I'm setting for myself (expect posts about beauty, life and blog resolutions to come), as well as some other hopefully helpful tips so we can all accomplish what we want in 2017.

Today I'm starting with my bookish resolutions because it's Monday, I'm tired and books are an easy topic to discuss. As the month goes by we'll dive into some more delicate subjects like life, work, blog, studying and all that good stuff. So, that's it! Wish me luck! Here are my bookish/reading goals for 2017. 

ONE// Read 80 Books.
Last year I set myself the goal to read 70 books on my GoodReads Reading Challenge. I read a total of 79. So, I thought adding an extra 10 books there would be a smart thing to do. 80 books is a lot, I know, but the ultimate goal is to read 100 books in a year, I'm easing myself into that. Hopefully by 2019 I'll get to 100 books. If you want to keep up with that goal, you can follow me on GoodReads, I'm pretty active there. 

TWO// Read More Diverse Books.
I did pretty good job in diversifying my reading in 2016. I read different genres, different authors and more LGBTQ+ books. This year I want to do even better. I'm planning on focusing more of reading time towards supporting books that talk about important causes, important things and that give voice to minorities. I'm not sure how this is going to go, but I did some research and I got a good list going on already, but here is a sneak peek.
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_the_color_purple_book_cover_alice_walker_novel_reading_currently_bookish_resolutions_new_years_2017letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_the_color_purple_book_cover_i_am_malala_letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_the_color_purple_book_cover_two_boys_kissing_diverse_gay_couple_lesbian_LGBTQ_reads_david_levithan

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_the_color_purple_book_cover_more_than_this_patrick_ness_diverse_gay_lesbian_reads_coolletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_the_color_purple_book_cover_everything_everything_nicola_yoon_diverse_reads_gay_lesbian_black_authors
The Color Purple - Alice Walker.
Everything Everything - Nicola Yoon.
Two Boys Kissing - David Levithan.
I am Malala - Malala Yousafzai. 
More Than This - Patrick Ness.  

If you want more recommendations, just click here!

THREE// Read More Classics.
Because I don't ever read classics. And I feel like that needs to change. I'm making a conscious effort this year to read at least one classic every month. In average I manage to read 4 to 5 books so one classic shouldn't be that hard. I'm accepting recommendations for this one because, obviously, I don't even know where to start since I never read classics or even pay much attention to them. I feel like I'm going to start with some Jane Austen. 
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_book_cover_classics_reading_resolutions_lord_of_the_flies_boysletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_book_cover_classics_reading_resolutions_uncle_toms_cabin_harriet_beecher_bletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_book_cover_classics_reading_resolutions_pride_and_prejudice_movie_jane_austen_and_zombies

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_book_cover_classics_reading_resolutions_to_kill_a_mockingbird_harper_lee_movie_cover_cool_reading_challenge_loversletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_book_cover_classics_reading_resolutions_the_great_gatsby_scott_fitzgerald_f_movie_adaptation_book_lovers_am_reading_reading_challenge_cook
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen.
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald. 
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee.
Lord of the Flies - William Golding.
Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher. 

FOUR// Read All The Books On My Shelf. 
As some of you might already know, I try my best to avoid buying physical books. But, being a books lover I have my moments and sometimes I can't help it (specially when there's a sale). And since I do most of my reading on my Kindle, sometimes the books on my shelf get overlooked. So, I have a total of 10 books that I haven't read yet and I need to get to them this year because now they're just collecting dust over there and that's sad. 

FIVE// Don't Read More Than 3 Books At Once. 
I do this all the time. I start a book, the story starts to slow down, I find another interesting book on the internet, I put the first one aside. This is what I do and I don't want to do it anymore. I can't commit to finishing up one book before stating another one because some books are massive, but I can commit to only reading 3 at a time. If I have more than three on my currently-reading shelf on GoodReads, feel free to call me out. Actually, please do! 

Those are my bookish resolutions. Like I said before, I started with books because although they're an easy topic, I still want to accomplish something with my reading and read as many books as possible. But we'll talk about life and whatnot later, all in good time. I hope you come along for the ride, I hope you share with us your resolutions and I hope you feel inspired to do more and be better this year. Take baby steps like me, go slow, but go! I wish you all a Happy New Year, and if you don't have anyone to hold you accountable on your resolutions, that's what I'm here for. 2017 will be better. We can do it people!

Did you set any resolutions for 2017?
Do you want to share them with us?
Do you have any recommendations? 

Thanks so much for reading and have a great year!


letmecrossover_michele_mattos_blogger_blog_bookish_resolutions_2017_goodreads_books_book_tbr_january_read_diverse_classics_signature



No comments:

Post a Comment