pages

February 20, 2017

Currently Reading // Battling a Reading Slump.

So, I'm on a reading slump and it's not fun. I tried to fight it and push through it, but it came  in full force. I'm blaming this on the classics. One of my reading goals this year is to read more classics, but unfortunately I'm not a person who enjoys reading classics. I think they are very important reads and all, but they usually put on a reading slump. I tried switching up the book I was currently reading, I tried different genres and even turned to booktube for inspiration and nothing has worked. 

So, here I am writing this post was last resort. Maybe writing it all down will help or maybe I just need to put less pressure on myself because, at the end of the day, it's just reading. Reading is supposed to be a hobby and something enjoyable, right? Anyway.. I'm gonna stop rambling and get to the books!

My Life on the Road - Gloria Steinem // I was really enjoying this book when I first started reading it. Gloria Steinem is a very interesting human. She dedicated most of her life to social activism, she has a very particular lifestyle and she's been through a lot so she has a lot of stories to tell. Things were going well, but then I decided to put this aside to read another book and haven't picked it up again since - it's been three weeks. I really want to get back to this book, but I just don't feel like it and that sucks. And I think pushing through it is just going to make the reading slump worst.. 

The Last Time We Say Goodbye - Cynthia Hand // I'm really liking this book. I loved the main character and plot, but she keeps seeing her dead bother and talking to him in her sleep and that kind of freaks me out. I live by myself so I can't be reading about dead brother when I'm trying to fall asleep. At least not if I want to wake up early the next day and be a productive member of society. But, overall,I think this is a really good book. I think it deals really well with grief and loosing a loved one and I loved the writing style. 

White Hot Kiss - Jennifer L. Armentrout // I'm kind of over Jennifer Armentrout's books. They all have a very similar plot and characters - all female main character and love triangles with a very good guy and very bad boy. I'm going to finish this one because it's very fast paced and I like her writing, but I will not keep going with the series and I don't plan on picking up more books from her. 

History Is All You Left Me - Adam Silvera // Adam Silvera slays me again. I think he's slowly becoming my favorite writer. This book is sooooo good. It got me crying on the thirds chapter and it breaks my heart with every page. It's extremely emotional and it will make you feel all the feels, even the feels you didn't even know you had in you. So, I'm loving it. My only problem with it is that it's very sad, and I'm not always in the mood for so much sadness all at once, you know?


These are all the books I'm currently reading, guys! I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any tips on how to get over a reading slump please leave them in comments because I really need help right now. I'm making it my mission to get over this slump this week and I'll let you guys know how things turn out on this month's wrap-up.  

Which books are you currently reading?

Thanks so much for stopping by and come back soon!

FUN FACT: This is actually the second time I write this post. For some reason, even though I clicked on the publish thingy, blogger decided to mess with me and it not only didn't save my post, but it also erased everything. But it's cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment