pages

February 11, 2017

Currently Watching // Series and Movies.

I'm weirdly excited for this post! 

So, I've come to the conclusion that I spend way too much talking about the books I'm buying/reading/wanting-to-read and not enough time talking about what I'm watching, and that's just insane given the amount of hours I spend watching stuff. Like any other person on the planet right now, I do most of my watching on Netflix and I'm not gonna go on and on about how much I love Netflix and because you guys probably already know that and you probably love it as much as I do. Actually, watching less ''TV'' (actually, less computer since I do most of my netflixin' on the computer) is one of my personal goals for this year, but that's not the point of this today's post. 

Today, I'm focusing on the main shows I'm watching, like the new ones (new ones for me at least) that require all my brain power to take in all of their awesomeness. These are usually the ones I "save" for the Friday night or weekends, the ones I like to take my time with and not watch the entire season in one sitting. Because I constantly rewatch Friends, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother and some other shows when I just need some background noise for when I blogging or eating lunch. I also thought it'd be cool to share of recents movies I've watched. So, I hope you're as excited as I am, let's go!

You have no idea how excited I was when this came out. I finished reading all 13 books of this series last year, I loved the first movie and I was soooo pumped for this show. Specially it being made by Netflix, I had high, very high, hopes for it. And to be honest, it was a bit of a let down and I'm just gonna say it, I preferred the movie. Having said that, I'm still really enjoying watching this - me and my sister watch it every Sunday night. I think because I read all the books and because this story is very near and dear to my heart, I kind go built it up in my head and nothing could ever meet my exceptions but that's not the shows fault. It's still very good, I love the fact that Lemony Snicket narrates the episodes and pops in every now and then. I'm just very sure how I feel about the casting of the Baudelaires, I really like Violet and Klaus from the movies and I'm having a hard time adjusting to the change.   

 This show blows my mind with every episode. I've been really into this creepy-smarter shows that make you think and question the way we're living, kind of like the next one I'm gonna talk about. I mean, I know I'm not reading philosophy over here, but this show really makes you like... really think about stuff. I honestly didn't really like the first episode, I thought it was pretty slow and super creepy, but it grew on me and it totally gets better. I don't like talking about it because I feel like it spoils the fun, but the episodes all have a futuristic setting that's not true but that could totally be true. It talks about the roll technology has in our lives, politics and all that good stuff - like I said, it really makes you think about your life and society.  

This one is the exception to my not-watch-the-entire-season-in-one-day rule, but not really - I watched the whole thing in two days and I LOOOOOOVED IT. If you're busy with work or it's finals week for you, I would strongly advise you not to watch it because this show gets you hooked on the first episode. It totally gives you that feeling of ''I need more and I can't stop watching now even though its 3 in the morning''. We follow a girl that had a near death experience and apparently went missing a couple of years ago, and then all of a sudden she appears on a youtube video jumping off a bridge and the rest of the story is just going to blow your mind. 
I think Hidden Figures is my favorite movie of the year so far. I know we're still in February but like I said in the beginning of this post, I've already watched a lot of movies. I like everything about. I loved the fact that this movie was even made in the first place, we don't get a lot of movies about strong women, specially strong black women and this girls were GOALS. I've been a fan of Octavia Spencer since the help and now I love her even more, I'm now going to watch every movie she's in. I'm pretty sure this movie was nominated for best picture and it needs to win. 

La La Land was everything I was expecting and more, so much more. Needless to say, I loved it. I cried in the end and I've rewatched it two times already. The whole movie had a whimsical vibe to it and it totally sucked me in, all three times I watched it. Emma Stone was amazing, Ryan Gosling was perfect and the whole thing came together so nicely it's just so hard not to want to rewatch over and over again. Honestly, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys watching movies. The first time I watched it I went with two friends (a guy and a girl) and my guy friend loved it as much as we did. None of them cried in the end, but they don't have souls and feeling so... Seriously, everyone is talking about it for a reason, this movie is good!

I'm a little late to the Suicide Squad party. I know a lot of people were saying how amazing this movie was on the internet and even some of my personal friends, but I didn't like it very much. I totally think this was my fault, I'm not big fan of superhero movies and things like that, but I can appreciate how well this movie was made. I loved all the costumes and I specially loved Margot Robbie, she's one of my favorite actresses. I liked it, but I didn't love it, you know? But I still think that if you're a fan of superhero, you'll totally love this!


This is everything I've been watching lately, guys! I hope you found this entertaining and maybe even got a couple of recommendations. Again, I can't stress enough how awesome The OA is, seriously.. Just watch it! Now, I'm super curious to know what tv shows and movies you've been watching too, please share some recommendations with us on the comments! I'd love to know! Specially movie recommendations, I feel like I've already watched every movie that was ever made.

What have you been watching lately?

Thanks so much for stopping by and come back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...