pages

February 23, 2017

Monthly Empties // February, 2017.

It's time for my favorite post of the month: EMPTIES! I'm not kidding guys, empties are my favorite posts (and videos) to read (and watch) on the internet. They just give me a weird sense of accomplishment and specially when they're my empties I love the feeling that I used up an entire product and that money did not go to waste. If you've been following the blog for a while you know that I've been making a conscious effort to use up all my products before buying new ones to avoid clutter and waste. It took some time to see actual progress, but now my cabinets and draws have way less stuff and everything is more organized and spacious. If you have problems with clutter and you feel like you own too much stuff, I highly suggest researching minimalism to see if it works for you. 

I wanted to share the products today and not wait until the actual end of the month because I don't think I'll be able to finish up anymore products. I have a lot of makeup that's hanging on by a thread, so hopefully I'll be able to include them on next month's empties. I've also decided to save up all my makeup empties this year in order to see the amount of makeup I'm actually using and I'll probably share it here on the blog so we can chat about it.

Most of the products I'm sharing today are cruelty-free! If you didn't know, I've been trying to switch to completely cruelty-free beauty products and I'm finally able to share some in my empties since I've previously used up most of my products that were tested on animals. I've noticed that I've also been using more products from local and smaller brands too, which is awesome! I only have one makeup item this month, but I have a lot of haircare and shower stuff!
letmecrossover_blogger_michele_mattos_blog_makeup_beauty_empties_pink_products_project_pan_valentines_day_granado_leitederosas_phebo_purple_roxo_soap_sabonete_cheiroso_sem_crueldade_cruelty_free_animal_testing_flamingo_illustration_shcedule
letmecrossover_blogger_michele_mattos_blog_makeup_beauty_empties_pink_products_project_pan_valentines_day_granado_leitederosas_phebo_purple_roxo_soap_sabonete_cheiroso_sem_crueldade_cruelty_free_animal_testing_aussie_3_minute_miracle_moist_walmart_deep_conditioner_australian_natural
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle in Moist // I don't think I would repurchase this even if it was cruelty-free. I used to be a big fan of Aussie, but I've found better and cheaper alternatives. I mixed this with my everyday conditioner and it was ok. I didn't have a hard time using it up or anything, it's just not a favorite anymore. I do love scent and the packaging, btw. This squeeze bottle is super convenient in the shower when you're trying to mix together three different conditioners in your hand.  
Aussie is NOT cruelty-free! 

Éh! Conditioner // This was a pleasant surprise. Éh! is the first cruelty-free haircare brand I've tried and this conditioner did not let me down. It has a very strong scent, but I liked it. I also liked the formula, the cool packaging and the fact that I actually saw results in my hair. Their products also have better and more natural ingredients and I love that. I'm currently using another conditioner from this brand and I'm also enjoying it. Éh! is a Brazilian brand so I'm not really sure where you'd be able to get it, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the internet. If you ever come to Brazil (which I think you should), I would highly recommend picking up some products.      
letmecrossover_blogger_michele_mattos_blog_makeup_beauty_empties_pink_products_project_pan_valentines_day_granado_leitederosas_phebo_purple_roxo_soap_sabonete_cheiroso_sem_crueldade_cruelty_free_animal_testing_pantene_shampoo_conditioner_lola_hair_oil_oleo_para_cabelos_vegan_pinga_patua_pracaxi_acai
Lola PINGA! Hair Oils // Lola is another cruelty-free Brazilian brand I'm trying out. The lady at the store told me their hair oils were their bestsellers so I decided to start with that. The only thing I didn't like about it was the packaging, it has a dropper and it's just too messy for me. But the product was great, so great I went back for more as you can see. Lola is not only cruelty-free but also vegan and they also use more natural ingredients. I've only tried the hair oils, but I'm planning on trying out their shampoo and conditioners next. 

Pantene Classic Clean Conditioner // I've discovered a small stash of hotel shampoos, conditioners and body lotions in my bathroom cabinet a couple of months ago and I've been slowly going through them. I could throw them out, but that would be just producing more waste so I decided to use them up. I used to really like Pantene before I wen't cruelty-free, so I already knew I liked this shampoo. It's an ok everyday shampoo, nothing too fancy to be replaced by a regular cruelty-free alternative.      
letmecrossover_blogger_michele_mattos_blog_makeup_beauty_empties_pink_products_project_pan_valentines_day_granado_leitederosas_phebo_purple_roxo_soap_sabonete_cheiroso_sem_crueldade_cruelty_free_animal_testing_hotel_body_lotion_moisturizer_krystal_cancun_natural_deodorant_blush_maybelline_bouncy_dream_fresh_pink
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink // Guys, I'm throwing a party over here to commemorate the ending of this blush and you're all invited. I still can't believe this is finally empty, no more bouncy blushes for me! I think I've had this for more than three years and it would not go away. I liked the color and the formula, it blended really well and I like the convenience of having a small blush on my everyday makeup bag. My only problem with it is that it didn't last very long on the cheeks, specially in hot climate and the also the fact that it would not end. All in all, I wouldn't repurchase just because it wasn't anything special.  
Maybelline is NOT cruelty-free.  

letmecrossover_blogger_michele_mattos_blog_makeup_beauty_empties_pink_products_project_pan_valentines_day_granado_leitederosas_phebo_purple_roxo_soap_sabonete_cheiroso_sem_crueldade_cruelty_free_animal_testing
Leite de Rosas Natural Deodorant // I've been on the hunt for a good natural deodorant and unfortunately this was not it. I'm still not really sure how to properly apply it since it came in this bottle and the product was liquid, so I used a cotton round to apply. It smelled like roses and it was ok for days when I didn't do much, but I can't wear it when I'm going to the gym or work. Overall, wouldn't repurchase it. 

Hotel Body Lotion // I think these are reproducing in my bathroom cabinet! I've been trying to go through this lotions but every time I finish one, two are born to take its place. The good thing is that I've learned my lesson, I'm never ever ever bringing hotel treats home with me.    
Leite de Rosas Nourishing Soap // I loved this soap. It was super moisturizing and the scent was amazing. I would totally repurchase it! 

Granado Phebo Glyceryn Soap // This is not my favorite soap, but it was still ok. I originally picked it up to use in the shower but it wasn't moisturizing enough, so I used it as a hand soap. I like the scent and the fact that it has a vegetal base which not only good for you but also for the environment. I would totally repurchase it. 

Granado Glyceryn Soap in Lavender // I think this is a staple in every empties posts I've done recently. Granado is one of my favorite cruelty-free brands, mostly because they do so many products (shampoos, conditioners, soaps, makeup..) and I've enjoyed almost everything I've tried. This is a Brazilian brand too, but I think it's more easily accessible online if you're interested.    



These are all the products I managed to finish up in February. Hopefully, I'll have more makeup empties to share next month and things we'll be a little more interesting. March is also longer than February so I'll have more time to finish up more products. I hope you guys enjoyed this post and if you've done a recent empties post or video, leave your link in the comments so I can check it out. 

Did you finish a lot of products this month?

Thanks so much for reading and have a great day!


letmecrossover_blogger_michele_mattos_blog_makeup_beauty_empties_pink_products_project_pan_valentines_day_granado_leitederosas_phebo_purple_roxo_soap_sabonete_cheiroso_sem_crueldade_cruelty_free_animal_testing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...