pages

February 28, 2017

Monthly TBR // March, 2017.

 Heeeeello, everyone!

I cannot believe March begins tomorrow. We're already in the third month of 2017 and that's just insane. I really wanted to plan out my reading this month because I can already tell that I'm going to be extremely busy this month and I cannot afford another reading slump. I had a pretty hard time with some of the books I read in February, so I wanted to make this month a little ''lighter''. There's some YA, a classic, an audiobook that I've already started listening to and two books that I'm super excited about. I really want to read more classic and although the last one I read got me in a reading slump I'm not giving up just yet. I'm actually introducing a new reading goal and from now on I want to read one classic every month. This might not sound like a big deal to some of you, but it is to me. I've never been a big fan of the classic, but this needs to change ! Fingers crossed, I really hope this month is going to be better reading wise.
          

The Fill-In Boyfriend - Kassie West // After all the high fantasy I read last month, I need some light, fun, easy reads in my life and apparently Kassie West is the way to go on this. I really have high hopes for it, I want romance, I want fuzzy feelings on the inside and I want a book I can fly through. I haven't read anything from her yet, but a lot of people were saying this book is really fun and cute. I just hope the ''Sarah Dessen disaster'' doesn't repeat itself - had the same hopes for That Summer and it was pretty much the worst book I've read in 2016. Kassie West, please don't let me down!  

Heartless - Marissa Meyer // I really hope the hype doesn't ruin this for me. There's a lot of buzz going on around the interwebs, a lot of people got ARCs from the publisher and when a book is overly hyped, it usually ruins it for me (just like Throne of Glass). I haven't read anything from Marissa Meyer, mostly because I didn't want to commit to The Lunar Chronicles series, but I think this is standalone. All I know about this is that it's tells the story of the Queen of Hearts before she became so mean and apparently all she wanted to do was bake delicious pastries. I don't know how I feel about that but my friend lent me the book so I might as well give it a go and she really liked it. 

The Female of the Species - Mindy McGinnis // I have no idea what this books about, but I'm getting feminism vibes. That girl from Epic Reads was gushing about it and I think it made it to her best books 2016, so I decided to pick it up. Another one I have high hopes for and I really can't deal with another book let down. My sister also wants to read so I'm excited for a possible buddy read, but we'll see.    

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen // Obviously, this is my classic for the month. I've tried reading this multiple times, but a shiny new release always grabs my attention and I put it aside. I loved the movie, I really like this story and hopefully this will the classic that ends this weird classic funk I have going on.   

The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware // This is the audiobook I picked for this month. I've already started listening to it and I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. I usually listen to audiobooks at the gym so I always gravitate towards thrillers and mysteries to take my mind out of the workout and make the time go faster. But, this one started out kind of slow and the narrators voice is too calming and relaxing for my taste. We'll see how it goes!

History Is All You Left Me - Adam Silvera // I'm sooooo excited for this book. I've already started reading it, and I'm still excited about it.  I'm only 20% in because I'm taking my time, I don't want it to end. Adam Silvera killed me More Happy Than Not and I have a feeling this book will do just the same. I'm so happy he's got another book coming out and I cannot wait.


These are all the books I'm planning on reading this next month. Hopefully, I'll get to all of them, but I usually make my TBRs longer because I like to have some wiggle room. I'm kind of worried about my aversion to classic, but I'm working on it. I think I'm over my reading slump, but you never know. Let me know if you're read any of the books mentioned because I'd love to hear your opinion! If you'd like to come along for the ride and follow the blog please make sure you hit that follow button under my profile picture and share the link with your friends on social media, sharing is caring and it really helps me out a lot!  


What's on your March TBR?

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!

Let's hang some more!


No comments:

Post a Comment