pages

February 4, 2017

Unexpected Book Haul | February, 2017.

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_blogging_book_haul_the_unexpected_pink_rebel_of_the_sands_diverse_books_reading_booktuber_wrapup_amazon_christmas_presents_best_tips_more_girl_motivation_inspiration
Another book haul, oooops!

I know I've said that I wouldn't buy anymore books this year and that I was going to focus on reading the ones I already had, but that was before I got an Amazon gift card. My sister got this gift card as Christmas gift and never got around to using, so she said I could have it to buy as many books as I could as long as shared them with her (we share the same kindle account). So, being the biggest book nerd I know personally, I rose up to the situation and put that money to good use. I also got a book I need for my school, but I won't be sharing that here because I don't think anybody is interested in that. Most of these are new releases, but there are also some books that have been on my wishlist for a while. I hope you enjoy this post and let's get to the books!

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_blogger_books_author_diverse_tbr_toberead_wrapup_haul_best_ever_pierce_brown_red_rising_cover_black_red_white_ny_new_york_bestseller

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_blogger_books_author_diverse_tbr_toberead_wrapup_haul_best_ever_rebel_of_the_sands_alwyn_hamiltonletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_blogger_books_author_diverse_tbr_toberead_wrapup_haul_best_ever_the_female_of_the_especies_mindy_mcginnis_2017_yellow_cover_ny_new_york_times_bestseller_must_read

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_blogger_books_author_diverse_tbr_toberead_wrapup_haul_best_ever_caraval_stephanie_garberletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_blogger_books_author_diverse_tbr_toberead_wrapup_haul_best_ever_white

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_blogger_books_author_diverse_tbr_toberead_wrapup_haul_best_ever_the_queen_of_the_tearling_erika_johansen_emma_watson_next_movie
Caraval - Stephanie Garber // I started reading this one today and all I can say is that it started with a BAM. I'm  on chapter 5 and I'm already hooked. It has a very magical and whimsical vibe to it, I'm liking the characters so far, but we'll see how things go. I have high hopes for it. I'm only on chapter 5 like I said, but so far I'm getting pretty strong Night Circus vibes..      

The Queen of the Tearling - Erika Johansen // The only reason I want to read this book is because Emma Watson liked it and apparently she is going to produce and star on the movie adaption. Needless to say, I'm big fan of Emma Watson and if she recommends a book (specially a fantasy book), I'm going to read it. After I told that to my sister, she's also super excited to read it. 

White Hot Kiss - Jennifer L. Armentrout // Her books are always sooo good, but the covers are always horrible. I mean, seriously, why Jennifer Armentrout's books always have bad covers? - just check her other series if you don't believe me. Anyway, I'm super excited about this new series. She always writes the best love triangles and romances and I can't wait to marathon the whole thing! I'm not really sure what this one is about, all I know is that there are gargoyles and maybe witches or vampires.. I could be wrong.  

Fates and Furies - Lauren Groff // This was my sister's the only request. We have no idea what this books is about, my sister wanted it because one of her friends read it and she said it was really good. It's also a pretty famous book, so I kind of have high hopes for it. If you've read it before, let me know your thoughts! 

Red Rising - Pierce Brown // If you haven't googled Pierce Brown do it, he is super fine! But that's not the reason why I got this book. I got it mainly because I saw a lot of people talking about it on youtube and on books blogs, and I thought ''hey, why not?''. I miss reading  fantasy and this sounded like a good book to get into it again. And the whole trilogy is already out, so if I really like it I can just marathon the three books. 

Rebel of Sands - Alwyn Hamilton // I think this has a Arabian Nights vibe to it, but I'm not really sure. I've seen people taking about it on the internet, but the cover is what really sold me. I haven't read anything about this author or anything set in this background, so I'm not really sure what to expect but I'm excited. This could also be a retelling, but like I said, I have no idea what this book is about! Hopefully I'll enjoy it! 

The Female of the Species - Mindy McGinnis // A lot of people are saying great things about this and it has pretty good reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. I'm not sure if this about feminism or if it just touches on the subject, but I'm excited to read it anyway. I think maybe I'm reading this next after I finish Caraval. 


These are all the books that I got this time. I don't predict a book haul in the near future because, like I said before, I really am trying to get to the books I already have but there were too many books I was really excited about to contain myself this time, specially with a free gift card. If you've read any of these books, let me know on the comment what you thought of them. Caraval and White Hot Kiss are the ones I'm most excited about, but I do plan on getting to all of them eventually. We'll see how things go on my next Reading Wrap-Up!

Did you buy any books this year?
Which ones are you most excited to get to?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment