pages

March 25, 2017

Apparently Monthly Book Haul // March, 2017.

What's up, guys?!

This blog is slowly becoming a book blog and I'm not even mad about it. You know, I'm not even going to justify it. I like books so I'm gonna buy some books. It could be worst, I could be buying drugs, alcohol (although, I still buy alcohol) or delicious brownies that would make me fat. But, no! I'm buying books because I want to be a well-read lady and there's nothing wrong with that.. Unless you're buying excessive amounts of books and not reading - which is not the case for me, NOT AT ALL.

Anyway, I know I've been focusing a lot on the book aspect of this blog and I'm sorry for those of you who are more interested in the makeup/beauty posts. I still love doing those, but I've been on a weird/uninspired phase with my makeup and I've been using the same products constantly in order to get them out of my life so I can feel inspired again. I promise you, those posts are coming, I still love makeup, we're just on a weird relationship hiatus. 

About the books, I just couldn't help myself. I've been really good about my spending habits and being a minimalist, but I cannot pass on a good book sale. It's just physically impossible for me and I hope we can all rejoice in my addiction since that means more blog content for my book lovers out there. Having said that, I didn't go all crazy. I got 7 books in total and one of them was only one dollar and I think we can all agree that that's hardly going to break my bank. 



Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher // I've been seeing this book going around the booktube community but it never really caught my attention. A lot of people were saying that it was really good, but I get really sad reading about suicide and bullying so I try to avoid it, although I do think it's an important topic. What really sparked my attention again to this book was the fact that it's going to become a movie really soon and, apparently, Selena Gomez is producing it, which is pretty cool. I know I'm going to like it, but I'm kind of putting it off because it looks like it's going to be extremely sad.  

The Grownup - Gillian Flynn // I bought this book last night and now I'm kind of regretting it. It's not even a book, it's more of a short story (about 65 pages), but it's priced like a book - I think I paid 10 dollars on my Kindle. The main reason why I got it was because I need a quick read. I'm two books behind my Reading Challenge, and I know this is not a good reason for buying a book, but I'm just being honest here. The reviews are mostly good, so I'm not feeling that bad about it.  

This Savage Song - V. E. Schwab // I think this is the fourth V. E. Schwab book I've bought and I haven't read any of them. I got this on a major sale, so... But I do plan on reading it! I've heard nothing but great things about her writing and her stories, so I'm pretty excited to read them, I just haven't yet. I have no idea what this book is about, but.. hey, the cover is super nice, right?  

A Thousand Boy Kisses - Tillie Cole // I need some YA Romance in my life asap. I miss reading this kind of super-cute-cheesy romance and think this is the way to go. I blame Jessica from PeaceLoveBooks for this purchase because she said it was amazing and I really trust her opinion when it comes to romances. 

Uglies - Scott Westerfeld // I've been wanting to read this book for soooo long and now that I go it I don't even remember why. It's been on my wishlist for ages and I finally decided to get it. I know there's some controversy around it, because in this world when you turn a certain age you get operation to become pretty? I think that's it, don't quote me on that.  I'm not pro or against plastic surgery.. It's you face so it's your choice. But, it's fiction and I honestly think this is a pretty interesting premise for a book, specially nowadays.  

It's Kind of a Funny Story - Ned Vizzini // This book sounds funny. I've never seen the movie nor do I want to (not a big fan of Emma Roberts), but I've read the little description of it and seems really interesting. It has a really big rating on GoodReads and the reviews are mostly positive. I have high hopes for it and really don't want to be disappointed     

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi // I know I'm a little late to the Shatter Me party, but I try to avoid reading books when they're being hyped up on the internet because I always get my hopes up and then I end up hating it. I decided to pick this one up now because, first it was on sale and, second I think I need some more YA in my life. I've been on a mini-reading slump lately and usually YA does the trick for me. Hopefully, I'll like it.


So, I guess that's it for today! These are all the books I've got this month and I'm feeling more excited about reading again after this mini-haul. Hopefully you enjoyed this post and let me know on the comments which books did you buy this month. I really want to know!

What's your most recent book purchase?
What are you currently reading right now?
Do you have any books to recommend?     

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll talk to you soon!



   

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and earn cash from every visitor to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete