pages

March 11, 2017

Girly Comfort Movies Marathon.

The idea for this post came to me this past Tuesday night. If you're following me on Twitter you probably already know that I had a pretty shitty day that day and, against my best efforts, it turned into a bad week. Yes, I felt bad and twitted a lot about it, sue me ok? I just wanted a quick pick me up and since I can't marathon super-fun-girly movies on a school night, I went for the wine and the pizza rolls, and saved all this movie amaziness for the weekend. You're definitely going to see a pattern in this post, most of the movies I'm going to mention have the same actresses and they're also filled with high school drama and cheesy romance. Maybe it's the fact that my high school was kind of boring and uneventful, through no fault of my own. I tried to spice things up bit, but nobody went with my incredible ideas. Anyway, I still find these kinds of movies super entertaining and fun to watch. They're total guilty pleasures (there are no Oscar nominations here), but sometimes you need something like that to get your mind out of this crazy world we live in.  
letmecrossover_blog_movies_michele_mattos_blogger_john_tucker_must_die_girly_snow_canada_high_school_drama_outfit
John Tucker Must Die // I've watched this movie more times than I care to admit (kinda like Harry Potter, which is also a comfort movie for me but it's not girly so.. Hermione is a badass btw). It's extremely funny, it's filled with high school drama and the outfits are just incredible. If you've never watched this movie, it's about four completely different girls who come together to take down this incredibly cute high school stud. There's scheme-plotting, sunset beach fires and romantic dinners on a boat.  
Mean Girls // This movie is just everything! I think it came out 10 years ago and me and my friends still randomly quote lines from it without any shame because.. SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE! It's super funny, incredibly cliche and, to be honest, it's nice to look back and see Lindsay Lohan at her peak. If you're around my age, you'll agree with me when I say that this movie is kind of iconic so I don't need to explain it to you why you should go watch it (again).  And yes, if you couldn't tell, I do wear pink on Wednesdays.
The Sleepover // This movie is the symbol of my teenage years. When I was around 13-14 years old my Saturday nights consisted of walking around the mall (doing nothing, literally just walking) with my friends and going to someone's house for a sleepover in which we would literally watch this movie or Aquamarine or something along these lines and eat all the junk food in the world without feeling gross the next morning... Ah, best times ever. Now I need to put on a bra to leave the house and feel fat the second after put 0,00001 milligrams of Nutella in my mouth. but, I digress. This movie is just the best, it's still funny    even 10 years later and it just gives me warm feeling on the inside.  

10 Things I Hate About You // Heath Ledger on this movie is everything I want in a guy and more. He's the perfect balance of bad-boy and good-guy and if I had to pick a movie boyfriend, it would totally be him. I watched this movie only a couple of years ago for the first time, so there's no nostalgia surrounding it like the other ones on this list, I mainly watch it just for the romance. I love the way they fall in love and the whole ''independent woman don't need man thank you'' vibe.  I always loose it at that scene where she lists all the things she ''hates'' about him. 

Aquamarine // I have a soft spot for girly movies set in the summer and this one beats all of them because mermaids and romance, duuh. I'm not gonna lie to you and I'm not ashamed to admit it, me and my best friends all got blue stripes on our hair after watching it and it was awesome! This and Sleepover and the most nostalgic movies on this list, they just make me feel good thinking about them and the time in my life I watched them over and over again. And plus, it has Jojo in it.. If you tell me you didn't listen Too Little, Too Late five times a day when it came out, you're just lying.  




These are all the movies I'm sharing with guys today. No matter how old I get, I'll never be too old for Aquamarie. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I really hope you all had a better week than I did. But in case you didn't, I guarantee watching one (or maybe three) of these movies will help you forget your trouble at least for the time being. If you'd like to share some of your favorite girly comfort movies, please feel free to leave us a comments, and they don't have to be girly at all, just some feel-good-inside movies. 

Do you have any movies to share with us?
How was your week?

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll talk to you real soon!   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...