pages

March 21, 2017

Monthly Reading Wrap-Up // March, 2017.

Whaaaat? I'm already putting up my reading wrap-up??

I know I'm a little early with this month's Reading Wrap-Up, but I just don't think I'll be able to finish another book this month. So, needless to say, March was not a good reading month for me. I only read 3 books and two of them were audiobooks. I think this was the result of a very dangerous combination to readers: wanting to read a huge book that's not usually my cup of tea and ignoring all the signs for a reading slump. And, on top of everything, I didn't really enjoy any of the books I read. They were all ok, but nothing extraordinary. Let's not focus only on the bad things, I'm late on my GoodReads Reading Challenge but I'm counting my blessings, at least I got to add three more books this month, right?

A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas // I didn't really like this book. It was ok, and the main reason why I read it it was because of all the hype on booktube, but I've learned my lesson (yet again). I'm not a big fan of YA fiction like this, if that what you even call it. And also, I don't like main character who completely change because of their love interest or main characters that want to be badasses but always end up having to be rescued. I think this is supposed to be a Beauty and the Beast retelling and the only resemblance I see to it is the fact that the main male character turns into a beast sometimes. The whole magic system was confusing, the fairies part of was also super confusing, I still don't get what they are and why there are so many species of them.. high fae, low fae... whatever. It was also extremely long and repetitive. I give this 2.5 stars and that's it. Will not be continuing on whit this series (trilogy?).      

The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware // I liked this book, it was better than the first one. I listened to the audiobook because I feel like mysteries and thrillers are one of the few genders that really hold my attention enough for me to listen to them. I liked the main characters and I like whole boat setting and all of that. The only thing that left me wanting more was the plot twist. It was good, but it wasn't jaw-dropping-what-the-heck-is-going-on great, you know? But it wasn't predictable either, it was a solid mystery novel, but it wasn't the best I've ever read. I would recommend reading it if you enjoy mysteries, tough.     

Where Am I Now? - Mara Wilson // I also listened to the audiobook of this one. I usually love autobiographies narrated by the author, but this one was not my favorite. Maybe I'm just not enough of a fan of Mara Wilson to really enjoy this book, it was definitely not written for me in particular. She talks a lot of about her experiences with being an actress, dealing with depression and anxiety and how she took a step back from acting on movies. I liked some of her views on feminism, how society treats women's bodies and her experiences with being judge by the media and everything like that. But, some parts were jus boring and not interesting. I think this book is for people that are really big fans of hers and that want to know more about her life, how she went into acting and what she's doing now. I really like her in Matilda and Mrs. Doubtfire, but that's it. Like I said, I liked some parts, but not all of it. I would recommend it to anyone who's a really big fan of hers.      


This is all the time I have for today, guys! I hope you enjoyed the post and I really hope you had a better reading month than me. It was a struggled to get some reading done and I really want to change this in April. I'm just going to stick to the genres and authors that I know I like to avoid the reading slump. Let me on the comments how you guys are doing this month and some of the books you're reading, I love chatting with you! 

How is your Reading Challenge going?
What's you favorite book so far this year?
What are you currently reading?
I really want to know! 

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...