pages

April 23, 2017

Monthly Book Haul | April, 2017.

Yes, that's a thing now! Monthly book hauls are going to become a thing in my blog because apparently buying books is my new hobby. I know it's bad for my wallet, but hey.. I could be buying drugs, sooo... You know? At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world. Apparently, the theme for this book haul is pretty covers. They always suck me in, but I'm not too mad about it. These books are beautiful and I'm pretty excited to read all of them, so expect to see some of them on this month's wrap up. 

Another reason why I got this books is because I was bored. I know being bored is not a good excuse to shop, but I twisted my ankle and I need distractions since I can't get out of the house for the next three to four days. I'm going to do a lot of reading in this condition and I need more options. Because apparently my mile-long TBR pile was not enough. Anyway, we have 5 books to talk about today, so enough with the intro, let's get to the books!


The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley - Hannah Tinti // I know nothing about this book, but that cover thooooough! I saw it go around on the booktubes and got excited. With my obsession with booktube and book bloggers is very hard for me to come across a story I know nothing about, so I'm pretty pumped to go into it and just be surprised by the story. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise!   

The Inexplicable Logic of My Life - Benjamin Alire // I've read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe last year and I really loved it. I've been wanting to read more of Benjamin Alire ever since. I'm hoping it's as good as that one. I'm not sure if this also a diverse read, but I'm really hoping it is! 

The Upside of Unrequited - Becky Albertalli // Becky also wrote Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda that was one of my favorite books of last year, so I just had to get this one too. I don't know exactly what this one is about, but I know its YA and I know that I love her writing and that was all I needed to get this book.  

The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas // I'm sooo excited about this book, you have no idea! I got it as soon as it released and I've been wanting to read it ever since, but you know.. I have a tbr pile the size of my leg. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to it this month. From what I know, it's all about the protests that have been going around the US and the conflicts with the police. This is such an universal topic, wherever you live I'm sure there are protests going around too, that I think anyone can take something from it.  

The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland - Rebekah Crane// I got this one solely because of the title and the cover. I've never read anything from this author, so I'm a little skeptical. But I love YA Romances, so hopefully this will as good as I think it will. 

What books did you buy this month?
What are you currently reading?

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment