pages

April 20, 2017

Monthly Empties // March, 2017.

I'M BAAACK!
I'm soooo late with last month's empties and I'm so sorry. Actually, I'm late with all of my blogposts and, honestly, I don't really have an excuse. I'm incredibly busy with my life in general and I'm really trying to find some balance in order for me to do the things that I love and not drop the ball with my responsibilities, but it's extremely hard. Being an adult is hard and I need a guide book (if you have any recommendations let me know).

But, today we're here to talk about empties. You guys know the deal with empties, right?! These are all the products I finished last month and I'm gonna give you a mini review along with it. I'm really focusing on reducing the amount of beauty products I own, with the main focus of getting everything that is not cruelty-free out of my life. I just feel like I own too much stuff,but I also feel bad just throwing it all away. In my mind, decluterring is not always the best option. I mean, if you're hoarder I really think decluterring is the way to go. But, in my case, I do have a lot of products but it's a useable amount, you know? I just fight the urge to shop and these empties posts really help me out with that. 

I like to take this time to really focus on everything I used up and think about the amount of time it took me to actually go through an entire product, if things are expiring before I'm able to get to them and how much of everything I actually need. I really encourage you to take some time to think about all of these things before going shopping just so you don't expend money on things that'll just expire on your cabinets. Enough said, let's get to the products!
Pantene Classic Clean Daily Conditioner and Shampoo// I'm still going through these samples. Like I said on my previous empties, my mom has the bad habit of taking all the mini stuff from hotels and last month she decided to throw away her little ''collection''. I felt bad seeing it all go the trash, so I took out the best ones and decided to used them up. I think these are the last ones but I'm not really sure. This is the classic Pantene line and it's ok. 
I wouldn't repurchase it because it's not cruelty-free and because I think there are better alternatives at the drugstore. 

Éh Conditioner with Macadamia and Quinoa Oil // I love this line and I love this brand. They're cruelty-free, paraben-free and have better and more natural ingredients. This was super hydrating for my hair and the scent is awesome. I would totally repurchase!

Nivea Aqua Effect Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 // I've had this for soooo long and I'm so glad it's over. This was an ok daily moisturizer, but now if I'm going to use something in the morning I prefer a higher SPF. Nivea is not cruelty-free so I won't be repurchasing anything from them and I also wouldn't recommend it even if they were. 
Dove Beauty Bar // I swear these things are reproducing in my cabinets. I didn't a major clean-out last month and found this one and another one that I gave to my mom because I just can't even anymore with this soap. It used to be my favorite, but Dove is not cruelty-free and that's sad. I really liked their products! This is the last beauty bar I have and I don't think you'll ever see Dove in my empties again, only if they become cruelty-free!

Phebo Cream Bar Soap in ''Cedro do Marrocos'' // This is the replacement I found for the beauty bars and I love it. It's creamy, moisturizing and the scent variety is insane. 10 out of 10, I love these and would repurchase.  

The Beauty Box Bubble Block in Jasmin // I have no idea how this came to my possession, but I used it up and loved it. It just magically appeared in my bathroom, I think my mom put it there when she came to my apartment and I wasn't there or something. The Beauty Box is a new Brazilian, kind of like an Ulta, and this is from their own brand. The scent was amazing, it was super moisturizing and their entire line is cruelty-free. I really want to try more of their products! 
You can check their website here! (not sponsored, although I kinda wish it was!)

Johnson's Baby Wipes // Baby wipes are so bad for the environment, but I still buy them once in a while. I got this a long time ago (like three months go) and I would not repurchase it. They were ok, but the Johnson's brand is not cruelty-free and it's bad enough that I can't stop using baby wipes in itself, I don't need to add cruelty to this habit. 
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand Sable (20) // I love this and I'm so sad Maybelline is not cruelty-free. WHY, Maybelline? WHY? This was my go-to concealer, and I still have a backup that I got before transitioning to cruelty-free makeup and it's just sad. If you have any good cruelty-free recommendations for concealer, please please please leave them in the comments. I really need to find a replacement!  

Primark Lip Balm in Vanilla // I also have no idea how or why I got this. I don't remember buying it or receiving it from anyone, but I not only had this one, but I also have backups. Like three Primark lip balms in my makeup drawer that I have no idea where they came from. I actually really like this. I liked the scent and the fact that it was very thick. I used it religiously before going to bed for years and I have no idea how I'm going to use up three more! I also don't know if this is cruelty-free, but since I don't plan on buying more cosmetics from Primark, I'm not really worried. I'm not being shady, we just don't have Primarks in Brazil.  

Sephora Cream Shadow and Liner in Black Night (01) // This was horrible. I honestly think I got a bad one, because there's no way this would sell in the condition I got. It was dry, the color was patchy and it smelled funny. I had to do a lot of black smokey eyes to use this up and I'm never repurchasing. The Sephora brand is not cruelty-free and I'm not a fan of their products overall. I'm just glad that this made me realize that I'm not a big fan of black eyeliner. 

These are all the products I was able to finish last month! I hope you enjoyed the post and let me know on the comments any thoughts or opinions you might have. I love chatting with you guys! I'm going to try to be more consistent with the blog, but trust me when I say this: I'm trying my hardest to keep up with everything that's going on in my life. I don't think I'll ever stop blogging, because I truly love it, but sometimes I might be a little absent. I hope you guys don't give up on me. 

How many products did you finish this month?

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for reading and not giving up on me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...